REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED
Minimum one year of relevant work experience in a financial institution or card operations environment.
Personal computer experience to include Microsoft® Windows Applications.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Experience working with debit and credit cards.
Advanced personal computer experience with Excel and Access.
The Cards Systems Specialist is responsible for providing support to our members’ by maintaining the debit and credit card portfolios, providing support to both the Home Office and branch personnel while complying with established procedures as well as Regulatory requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following;
- Fraud monitoring of debit and credit card dispute and fraud claims. Issuing provisional credit to the member account and reaching out to members when additional information regarding the claim is needed.
- Research outages in the debit card GL keeping the GL up to date. Maintain the credit card suspense GL as well as the ORIS GL. Assist Accounting with any questions or issues that arise.
- Process daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end debit and credit card reports. Identify errors and perform oversight of maintenance performed by Branch and Home Office personnel.
- Research and respond to inquiries received via email, phone, and Skype related to Debit and Credit Card products including member inquiries regarding card disputes/fraud, monetary adjustments, replacement cards, Credit Card phone payments, pay-offs, deceased members, balance transfers.
- Communicate CAMs alerts to the Cards Systems Manager. This consists of identifying compromised cards and coordinating with XDI to notify members, build queries in Verafin to identify the CPP (Common Point of Purchase), reissuing new cards and capturing the compromised cards.
- Monitor and destroy, under dual control, undeliverable debit cards.
- Receive daily departmental mail and distribute to the appropriate department and forward member correspondence to the correct address.
- Monitor and maintain debit and credit card stock at the Card Processor. Monitor and audit the Home Office vault under dual control. Ship Instant Issue card stock to branches.
- Review, monitor and report analytical debit and credit card data as required. This includes compiling monthly reporting for the SCU Fraud Manager.
- SCU Corporate Credit Cards
- Review monthly credit card statement and send a copy of the statement to the Executive Support Admin
- Make manual entry in FIS Service View to post payment in full
- Open new SCU corporate credit cards for managers after 90-day probationary period
- Increase/decrease credit limits as directed by Executive Support Admin (with approval by CEO or EVP)
- Maintain spreadsheet of active employee’s credit card
- If card is lost/stolen, or fraudulent charges occur, block and reissue a new card
- If employment ends, close the card
- Testing – Under dual control create test scripts, produce test cards, work with Accounting to fund the test accounts, perform transactional testing outside of normal business hours including weekends as necessary.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full Time Position - Monday through Friday
Varied hours and schedule depending on operational needs.
Edwardsville, IL Headquarters; However, work location may change according to SCU staffing needs.