Town and Country Bank is seeking a Mortgage Loan Originator in Edwardsville, IL.
At Town and Country Bank and Peoples Prosperity Bank, our mission is to empower the financial well-being of our communities, one person at a time. We successfully uphold this mission by sticking to our core values of Teamwork, Achievement, Passion and Positive Thinking.
The Mortgage Loan Originator develops and manages customer relationships to ensure the customer’s needs for 1-4 family unit residences, investment property, construction, lot, and bridge loans are met. Manages the growth and profitability of relationships while executing market goals. Supports the organizational focus to empower the financial well-being of our communities, one person at a time. Embraces and promotes Town and Country's core values of teamwork, achievement, passion, and positive thinking.
- Mortgage Lending
- Account Management
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Develops relationships with clients to increase loan business for the company. Establishes and maintains connections with developers, builders, and realtors to encourage the use of company products and services. Make regular sales calls to potential and existing customers to retain current or develop new business.
- Engages applicants to discuss mortgage requirements, advises applicants of options available, ascertains applicant’s capacity to repay, and assesses the degree of risk involved.
- Thoroughly and accurately processes loan applications.
- Engages borrowers throughout the lending process and communicates loan decisions to borrowers.
- Reviews loan documentation prior to closing to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Closes mortgage loans.
- Provides accurate information and connects prospects with appropriate bank staff to meet sales goals and links them with bank products and services.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of general lending experience.
- Strong sales orientation.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced work environment.
- A high degree of accuracy and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and on deadline.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.