Mutual of Omaha is looking to fill a position on the Financial Planning and Analysis team. The Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A) is responsible for financial and expense analysis and projections across all the business and support units at Mutual of Omaha. This individual will lead budget and expense management processes and analysis including preparation of the annual budget, monthly expense analysis and assistance with quarterly expense forecast preparation. In addition, this individual will lead expense management projects including deep dive expense studies and surveys and provide financial support to shared service business partners.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Seeks out expense projects, processes, or analyses with insights identifying trends, risk, and indicators and recommended actions to management to facilitate decisions by business operations
- Leads the budget and expense management process for the Enterprise through effective and efficient processes.
- Ensure execution of all phases of financial/non-financial or technical project or process work, ensuring results are timely, accurate, and consistent with objectives
- Contributes to the research and documentation of complex business issues, forms conclusions and makes recommendations to business partners.
- Independently executes on ideas to improve business processes across enterprise functions and knowledge in the workplace.
- Fosters a collaborative environment.
This job posting is reflective of the Senior Finance Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Lead Finance Analyst level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Strong knowledge of finance and/or accounting practices and procedures preferably common to an insurance industry finance environment.
- Strong knowledge of both data and programming for manipulation and automation of data and analytical processes.
- Aptitude for technical learning and application to tactical business problems. Must have the ability to learn new technologies and apply this knowledge to optimize processes.
- Creative problem solver with a focus on process improvement/automation and reducing manual work.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to influence others to accomplish projects.
- Strong knowledge of expense management, budgeting, and allocation practices.
- Self-driven with demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, influence change with peers, management, and business partners.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates initiative to consistently improve processes through creativity and flexibility with minimal supervision.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Prior expense and budget analysis background
- Strong knowledge of key Mutual systems, including but not limited to Peoplesoft, Essbase, or PBCS.
- Strong technical skills to aid in data extraction, manipulation, and consolidation.
- Advanced level degree or equivalent experience in Finance related field.
- Understanding of statutory accounting and/or insurance business processes.
- Designation specific to the Finance field, such as a CPA.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 300 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary Range: $70,000-$100,000.
- Pay commensurate with experience.