STAFF ACCOUNTANT - Position will be based in Edwardsville, IL and is not available as a remote work opportunity.
The person in this position is primarily responsible for performing monthly, quarterly and yearly general accounting functions for R.P. Lumber Co. and affiliates. The Staff Accountant supports management, as needed, by performing accounting tasks, including but not limited to, GL, inventory and fixed asset activities. Responsible for preparing, maintaining and reconciling assigned financial records in accordance with company policies and the framework and guidance of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Position
- Maintains and prepares account reconciliations to support account balances.
- Maintains and prepares reports related to revenue, sales and expense data.
- Prepares journal entries and various adjusting entries to meet GAAP guidelines.
- Provide support during financial and tax audits.
- Prepares support for internal and external auditor requests.
- Provides all information and supporting detail to supervisor for review and approval.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong mathematical reasoning and analytical problem solving skills.
- Must have good computer skills and knowledge.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Must be flexible on work schedule to meet defined goals within peak periods.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years general accounting experience.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, deadline-oriented and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Account reconciliation experience of balance sheet and income statement items.
- Hands-on computer experience with general ledger accounting system is mandatory.
- Proficient with MS Office with an emphasis in Excel.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Successful applicants are subject to pre-employment drug testing, pre-employment background check and driver history checks in accordance with applicable federal and state law.
R.P. Lumber Co. offers the following opportunities and benefits (Full-Time employees):
- Competitive wages
- Health / Dental / Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing / 401k
- Paid time-off & holidays
- Employee Merchandise Discount
Candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted by phone or email for the next step in our hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us. Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
R.P. Lumber Co., Inc. (“R.P. Lumber Co.) is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, handicap or disability, citizenship status, service member status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal or state law.