Our Troy, IL dealership is looking for an Assistant Service Manager! The Assistant Service Manager works in conjunction with the Service Manager to lead the department's daily operations, compliance with company policies and procedures, and motivate and lead a diverse team in a collaborative setting focused on continuous improvement. The Assistant Service Manager also ensures departmental and corporate monthly goals are met, training and mentorship opportunities exist for team members, and customers consistently receive best-in-class communication and customer service throughout the repair process.
This shift will work Monday-Friday day shift with flexibility to work weekends and nights when needed.
- Assist and support the Service Manager to establish departmental objectives, prepare performance metrics reports, and help lead the team to achieve goals.
- Foster a growth-oriented mindset by investing in departmental personnel to achieve individual and collective professional goals.
- Coach and lead office personnel on established processes and collectively find solutions to mitigate issues that delay efficient completion of repairs.
- Monitor departmental attendance, development, disciplinary action, safety, and training plans for proactive remedies and HR files.
- Reconcile timesheets and payroll entries for departmental personnel.
- Perform root cause analysis, corrective action, and conflict resolution between department personnel or external constituents when necessary to swiftly mitigate escalation.
- Help develop, sustain, and monitor processes and policies to position the department at the forefront of DTNA and industry benchmarks.
- Ensure all company and OEM policies and procedures regarding safety, documentation, processes, and warranty are properly followed with spot checks.
- Collaborate with Sales and Parts departmental managers to integrate interdepartmental cooperation and communication objects to achieve consistent, superior customer service.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and develop corrective courses of action in conjunction with CIC.
- Aid in the preparation of periodic analysis of market conditions and competitor audits to ensure TCI aligns with pay scales and labor rates.
- Oversee and verify processes and protocols to ensure the proper appearance, maintenance, operation, and safety of all shop tooling and vehicles according to company and Elite Support guidelines.
- Ensure that the Service department entrance, offices, customer areas, shop, and parking lot are clean, well maintained, and safe for customers and personnel.
- Responsible for departmental adherence to all manufacturer warranty and policy processes.
- Ensure positive relationships with existing customers and work alongside other departments to grow the customer base.
- Read OEM Service bulletins to stay informed about our product lines, potential recalls, part failures, or industry trends.
- Facilitates weekly huddles with technicians and office staff.
- Participate in required training and attend management meetings as needed.
- Complete additional tasks and projects as assigned in an organized, timely manner.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of experience leading large groups or departments; transportation or dealership experience preferred
- Freightliner dealership experience and CIC Level I or II training are strongly preferred
- Knowledge of truck systems and parts required
- Leadership of large, diverse teams to foster collaboration, personal and professional development
- Demonstrated time management and interpersonal communications skills, even in times of stress
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple projects seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and a solution-focused outlook
- Strong data analysis and forecasting skills
- Knowledge of tablet and computer operations, data entry, and MS Office with 30wpm typing capability; Procede software experience is a plus
- Strong personal conviction of producing quality work, being an integrated team player, and commitment to company values
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 10 lbs. unassisted