Truck Centers, Inc. is continually growing, and that means we have an ongoing need for Service Technicians and Certified Diesel Mechanics of varying experience to join our team. As a Diesel Mechanic, you are a vital part of our Service department and essential to getting our customers back on the road.
*** We are pleased to offer up to $7,500 Signing Bonus for qualified technicians***
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 401(k) with company match
- Health insurance with 3 plan options to choose from
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid time off including paid volunteer time
- Disability insurance
- FSA and HSA options
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Maternity leave
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- Company paid uniforms
- OEM and vendor certification training at no cost through our state-of-the-art Training Center at our Troy & South Bend campuses to maintain your certifications and obtain new ones
- Tool insurance at no cost
- Company-supplied specialty tooling
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Perform consistent, high-quality work according to OEM, warranty, and dealership standards.
- Read repair orders, observe and listen to vehicle operation, obtain diagnostics information, identify root cause malfunctions, plan work procedures, and perform necessary repairs on a vehicle as authorized.
- Perform general and major repair of all truck systems including, engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, HVAC, electronics, and more.
- Write thorough, organized documentation of diagnostic findings, repair status, and work performed using Service Notes to aid customer communication and warranty processing.
- Communicate with Parts department to obtain and verify necessary parts as well as Shop Foreman and Service Administration team regarding status updates or requests.
- Perform quality checks of all work performed.
- Road test vehicles to ensure the repairs performed have resolved the customer's complaint(s).
What We're Looking For:
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug screen.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License with ability to meet insurance requirements is required
- Class B CDL with air brake endorsement preferred; Class A CDL highly preferred
- Certificate from a diesel tech training school or a minimum of 4 years mechanical medium- or heavy-duty truck service experience in a shop setting or military installation
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and commitment to providing quality work
- Welding and fabrication skills are a plus
- Candidates must have their own tools; TCI provides specialty and OEM-required tooling for on-site, communal use
Truck Centers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
We believe in the Hire to Retire philosophy and invest in individuals that we believe will be valuable assets to TCI and our customers for years to come. Thus, we want to help you live well through personal and professional growth plus a multitude of benefits. In additional to multiple comprehensive healthcare packages including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage, we offer a flexible spending accounts for healthcare costs or dependent care, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, disability insurance, AD&D coverage, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, health and wellness incentive programs, training and career development opportunities, alternative work arrangements, volunteer time off, tiered PTO system, service awards, competitive salary, uniforms, technician tool insurance, and a family-first, team environment.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/TruckCentersInc/743999925981033-heavy-duty-diesel-mechanic-up-to-7-500-signing-bonus-