A Teller serves as the Bank’s primary contact with the public and is responsible for comprehensive, prompt, and efficient customer transactions. A Teller must be knowledgeable in banking transactions (cashing checks, accepting deposits, etc.) in order to properly facilitate basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with the Bank’s procedures. In addition, promotes and explains at a high level other products/services offered in order to increase assets held at the Bank.
- Deliver excellent customer service to all Bank customers.
- Receive and disburse money to and from customers following defined policies and procedures.
- Accurately conduct all credit and debit transactions. (Including but not limited to Visa payments, Loan payments, and cash advances)
- Ensure accurate handling of checks presented via remote capture
- Verify cash drawer, balance and prepare daily work.
- Learns and executes proper vault and ATM procedures
- Reports any discrepancies to the Center Manager
- Maintain Teller area that is secure and well organized.
- Maintain proper cash supply.
- Handle license sticker renewals
- Become knowledgeable on all bank products and services at a high level in order to properly direct customers
- Provide input to Center Management on ways to promote positive customer interactions
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ year related experience preferred.
- 6 months cash handling and customer service experience required.
- Excellent customer and communication skills.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Individuals must be able to move about, stand and have manual dexterity. The work environment is generally well-lighted HVAC-controlled office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the responsibility of every Bank employee to maintain an effective BSA/AML/OFAC internal control structure, including suspicious activity monitoring and reporting. Every employee that comes in contact with a reportable transaction and/or suspicious activity should obtain the proper documentation and file the appropriate report in a timely manner. Nothing in this description restricts the Bank’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The First National Bank of Waterloo does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Direct Reports: This position does not directly supervise others.