WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Trust and Estate Settlement Advisor is primarily responsible for oversight and management of a personal book of postmortem trust and estate settlement accounts, as well as, assisting and being a resource for the management of postmortem trust and estate settlement accounts across the organization. This position will report to the Director of Estate Settlement.
- Effectively oversee, manage and support postmortem trust and estate settlement account administration within wealth management in accordance with the terms of the governing instruments, trust and estate laws, local law, tax law and sound fiduciary principles.
- Participate in all facets of administration, including collection of assets, investment management decisions and coordination with tax partners.
- Maintain contact and communicate regularly with Advisors, beneficiaries, attorneys, accountants and other interested parties on all aspects of administration, including maintaining client files, preparing materials for client meetings, managing deadlines, collecting information necessary to complete reporting and filing requirements and attending to clients concerns and needs.
- Stay informed of all Bank and Wealth Management policies and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Collaborate with Fiduciary Advisors to effectively manage client expectations, create a good client experience and participate in relationship retention efforts.
- Responsible for outreach to the Wealth, Commercial and Retail team for internal educational opportunities and sales opportunities by active promotion of Trust and Estate Settlement services.
- Participate in development and implementation of Trust and Estate Settlement Services policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Probate or post-death settlement of trusts and/or estates
- Technical expertise on federal and state estate tax, and postmortem administration of trusts and estates
- Familiar with fiduciary, legal, accounting and tax concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong relationship management and team building skills
- Strong sales, presentation and client service skills
- Knowledge of standard business systems, including but not limited to trust accounting systems, Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Travel as needed
- Analyze and interpret governing trust or estate documents, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations and federal and state statutes
- Make independent decisions and provide timely client follow-up
- Promote teamwork and collaboration across all areas of Wealth Management
- Leverage expertise within Busey Wealth Management
- Analyze and solve problems that frequently involve decisions based on a wide knowledge of many factors where application of advanced technical concepts is predominantly required
WHY IT MATTERS
The Trust and Estate Settlement Services team exhibits a foundation of knowledge and experience to ensure our clients directions and wishes are met at the time of their death and to serve as good stewards of their legacy. Service Excellence is at the heart of everything we do, and the members of this team will be an integral part of the growth of the Trust and Estate Settlement Services line of business and the development of its overall structure and its policies and procedures -ensuring we provide our clients with exceptional service, trusted advice and tailored solutions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Requires a four-year college degree and preferably completion or enrollment in desirable wealth management designations, including MBA, CFP ®, JD CFA, and/or CPA.
- Requires experience or demonstrated understanding of wealth management solutions including investments, banking and trust concepts including, but not limited to asset allocation, advanced estate planning, retirement plans, insurance, and identification/implementation of additional wealth planning opportunities.
- On-going development and broadening of appropriate knowledge and skills.
Busey believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Equal Opportunity Employment is a priority for Busey and all qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital status, military status, veterans status, citizenship status, work authorization status, work disability, order of protection or any other characteristic protected by applicable law or other non-merit based factors.