“Exceeding Member Expectations”
It is what we do at 1st MidAmerica Credit Union!
1st MidAmerica Credit Union has over 87 years of history servicing members of the Metro East, Illinois and Kansas City areas. We have 11 branches currently throughout the area servicing over 68,000 residents in 31 counties!
We are looking for service-oriented individuals to fill a Virtual Banking Representative position at our Wood River location. If you enjoy helping people and are detail oriented, we encourage you to apply and become part of our team!
Our Virtual Banking Representative will members and potential members with their Credit Union needs; explains services, sets up new accounts, assists with their loan requests, providing clerical and administrative support needed to process and close member loans, respond to problems, and direct members to the appropriate people. Task and duties to be completed by utilizing virtual and online channels.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assists members with opening and closing accounts, answers questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve. Refers problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor, along with their recommendations. Takes member loan applications and prepares them for review by a Credit Analyst. Follows-up with the Credit Analyst to determine status. Processes approved loans and sets up date and time to close the loan and make disbursements.
- Assists members accessing their accounts by reviewing and approving Mobile Deposit items. Assisting members via the ITM teller interface.
- Identifies cross sell opportunities and cross sells services to members.
- Help to serve members by assisting Digital Services Department.
- Maintains member account information on computer system. Assures that appropriate records are maintained and required reports are prepared.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. This may include a change of work location as necessary to maintain member service levels or a "floating" work assignment between locations.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Able to operate a 10 key calculator, typewriter, and computer keyboard.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.