High School Diploma or GED
Minimum three (3) years’ experience in the mortgage origination industry.
Minimum two (2) years’ experience in financial industry quality control.
Working knowledge of loan processes and procedures.
Intermediate to advanced personal computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience with Mortgage Servicing
Experience with Encompass, Quality Control Software (such as Second Look)
Strong working knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Government Lending (FHA, VA, RHS and FHLB) practices and guidelines.
Knowledge and use of resources. (agency guidelines, AllRegs, etc.).
The Mortgage Quality Control Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and performing the following functions for Real Estate/Home Equity reviews: internal functions of origination, production, and servicing of Mortgage and Home Equity Loans. Ensure that all functions are performed in full compliance with Scott Credit Union (SCU) policies, guidelines and the requirements of investor and regulatory agencies. Recommend changes and improvements to procedures, based on trending and reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Perform pre-fund, post close, denied/withdrawn and discretionary loan reviews to ensure loan documents, the origination, underwriting and funding of loans were in accordance with SCU policies and procedures, investor guidelines and state and federal regulations.
• Review appraisal reports, credit reports, income and asset documentation, sales contracts and title commitments for consistency and completeness.
• Document findings to provide management with accurate and detailed descriptions of defects.
• Coordinates certain Mortgage Loan File quality control programs with 3rd party vendor and distributes reports to management.
• Remain current with policy changes from SCU, investor guidelines and state and federal regulations agencies.
• Completes tasks in accordance with the Credit Union’s Mortgage Quality Control Plan, makes suggestions for modifications to the Plan.
• Maintain knowledge of all underwriting guidelines.
• Utilizing various tools, verify completion of appraisals, in accordance with established guidelines
• Communicate with outside entities to complete employment and deposit reverifications.
• Review and evaluate HMDA/LAR data
• Coordinate with the SCU Mortgage Department to ensure proper identification and mitigation of defects.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full Time Position - Monday through Friday.
Varied hours and schedule depending on operational needs.
Overtime as needed.
Collinsville, IL - Risk Management Department. However, work location may change according to SCU staffing needs.
For more information visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=766f7851-7cf7-4ebf-bb47-877e33aee31d&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter