Can you be a real, true friend? Is it your nature to be open, listen deeply, know your heart, respond genuinely, and care as only a real friend cares? If so, we want to meet you.
Cedarhurst, a regional healthcare provider and true friend of older adults, seeks a service-minded, career-oriented individual to join our team as a Cook at our Troy community.
As a Cook, you will have to opportunity to connect with, and positively impact the lives of, our residents daily! You will provide a top-notch dining experience for our residents and their families. You will be responsible for preparing food as well as addressing any special dietary needs for all residents within the community. Additionally, you’ll assist with all catering services, special party needs and marketing functions.
You will work alongside the Dining Services Director to ensure the best dining experience for our residents and create a pleasant and sanitary cooking and dining area.
As a Cook, working with the Dining Services Director, you will impact the lives of our residents by –
- Ensures the proper preparation, portioning, and serving of foods as indicated on the menu cycle and standardized recipes. - Tastes and prepares food to determine quality.
- Prepares all special dietary needs as directed by the Dining Services Director and/or menus assigned
- Determines food and supplies needed and coordinate meal production with serving hours.
- Monitors all food items to see that at least the minimum guidelines for temperature, taste, and quality are upheld at all times.
- Assists with proper documentation of temperature logs, taste panel forms, and cleaning schedules.
- to accomplish identified goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
To become a Cook, you will need –
- High School diploma or equivalent and previous experience, as well as at least 1 year of experience as a cook
- Basic knowledge of all regulations regarding sanitation and infection control.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution for residents, families, employees, and others as needed.
- Maintains or exceeds standards of appearance, cleanliness, hygiene, and health standards.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which includes, but is not limited to seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance.
When considering a career with Cedarhurst, please understand that –
- Our core values describe our expectation that every team member will be Passionate, Trustworthy, Empathetic, Positive, Respectful and Approachable – and in every way a real, true friend of those we serve.
- To be a Cedarhurst team member means you’re devoted to doing The Friend’s Work: In your every effort, you reassure, energize, and inspire older adults in Cedarhurst.
- Cedarhurst believes that its team is its greatest asset. For this reason, we provide our team members with extensive training as well as personal and career development opportunities.
- Cedarhurst believes in promoting from within. We seek team members who wish to grow with us.
- Cedarhurst offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage, life insurance, long-term disability coverage and a 401(k) Plan with company match (after 1 year of service).
- Cedarhurst considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory COVID-19 vaccine program, participating in testing requirements (COVID-19 and TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Salary Range: $15.00
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.