1st MidAmerica Credit Union has over 86 years of history servicing members of the Metro East, Illinois and Kansas City areas. We have 11 branches currently throughout the area servicing over 58,000 residents in 31 counties!
We are looking for service-oriented individuals to fill a Member Service Representative position at our Edwardsville Branch. If you enjoy helping people, motivating a team and are detail oriented, we encourage you to apply and become part of our team!
To assist members and potential members with their Credit Union needs; financial transactions, paying and receiving cash, explains services, sets up new accounts, assists with their loan requests, providing clerical and administrative support needed to process and close member loans, respond to problems, and direct members to the appropriate people. Assists branch management with balancing of the vault and the security of the cash.
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells money orders and travelers checks to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed. Balances personal cash drawer and daily transactions. Maintains member account information on computer system. Assures that appropriate records are maintained and required reports are prepared.
- As assigned by Branch Manager, assists members with opening and closing accounts, answers questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve. Refers problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor, along with their recommendations. Takes member loan applications and prepares them for review by a Credit Analyst. Follows‑up with the Credit Analyst to determine status. Processes approved loans and sets up date and time to close the loan and make disbursements.
- Identifies cross‑sell opportunities and cross‑sells services to members.
- As assigned by Branch Manager, manages vault cash. May order daily cash requirement for branch and post data to general ledger system in order to maintain credit union records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- To provide prompt, accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to all members. Troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
- To accurately post transactions and balance work, with errors and/or outages not to exceed established policy guidelines.
- To accurately maintain vault and contents per credit union policy and regulatory guidelines.
- To process member transactions without error; troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
- Produce loan documents, reports and new accounts with no unresolved errors according to established department standards. Prepare files for underwriting on a timely basis. Complete, organize and close loan documentation and files in a timely manner.
- To develop and improve knowledge and skills in member service and operations areas. Develop, maintain and demonstrate a working knowledge of credit union loan standards, policies, procedures and applicable state and federal government rules and regulations.
- To meet membership, lending, product, service and transaction goals on a monthly basis.
- To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance. To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Able to operate a 10‑key calculator, typewriter, and computer keyboard. Must be good with details to deal with numbers and names.