Member Support Center Representative
“Exceeding Member Expectations”
It is what we do at 1st MidAmerica Credit Union!
1st MidAmerica Credit Union has over 87 years of history servicing members of the Metro East, Illinois and Kansas City areas. We have 11 branches currently throughout the area servicing over 68,000 residents in 31 counties!
We are looking for service-oriented individuals to fill a Member Support Center Representative position at our Wood River location. If you enjoy helping people and are detail oriented, we encourage you to apply and become part of our team!
Our Member Support Center Representative will assist members and potential members with their telephone requests; explains services, responds to problems, and directs phone calls to the appropriate area. Provides convenient loan service, by telephone, for members and potential members.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assists members and potential members with their telephone requests; answers questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve; refers problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor, along with their recommendations.
- Answers loan questions, calculates payments, and takes loan applications on the phone from members and potential members; makes lending decisions within Credit Union policies and guidelines.
- Identifies cross sell opportunities and cross sells services to members.
- Maintains member account information on computer system.
- Performs other job related duties required or assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Good listening and telephone skills; able to operate a 10-key calculator, typewriter, and computer keyboard; able to proficiently utilize PC and Internet applications; able to make decisions with minimum information.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.