WM is seeking a CAD Technician to become an integral part of our team performing civil site design for a variety of residential, commercial, and intitutional projects.
Experience Level: 1-3 years in civil (commercial/residential) site design
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours / week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Based in Swansea, IL
Essential job functions:
- Plan and design building site lots and developments under guidance of licensed Professional Engineers
- Prepare site and grading plans and working drawings.
- Understand and apply relevant state, county, and local codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Juggle needs and deadlines for several simultaneous projects.
- May coordinate with various project stakeholders during the design process.
- Conduct site/field visits.
- High school diploma required. Associate’s degree in a relevant field with at least 1 year of post-graduation experience in the civil engineering or planning profession is preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- Experience with Bentley Pondpack, StormCAD, AutoDesk Hydraflow Hydrographs Extension, CivilGEO, GeoHECRAS, and/or XP Solutions XPSWMM a plus but not required
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and in a team
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail while keeping big-picture goals in mind
- Knowledge of relevant government regulations and funding mechanisms a plus
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, flexible work location, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil & Structural Engineering, Land Surveying and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers—and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
- To apply visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Download the application. Choose the appropriate application below, save it, and complete it.
- Write a cover letter. Explain how your knowledge, skills and abilities will serve TWM.
- Prepare a resume. If you prefer, but not in lieu of the application.
- Obtain a college transcript, if applicable. Especially important if you have less than 2 years of experience. It can be unofficial at this stage.
- E-mail or mail your complete package to us. If e-mailing, please send all files in Word or PDF format.
– or –
Thouvenot, Wade & Moerchen
4940 Old Collinsville Road
Swansea, IL 62226
- Submit our EEO/AA Forms under separate cover to help us fulfill our EEO/AA obligations.
- Use the application for Engineering Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Swansea LD CAD Tech” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your school’s online system can be emailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.