TWM is seeking an experienced field engineering professional with specialization in Transportation Engineering in downstate Illinois, to become a key member of our team.
Experience Level: At least 2 years in civil construction-related work, with emphasis in transportation/roadway projects
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with the possibility of overtime
Location: Swansea, IL
Essential Job Functions:
- Observe construction of roadway, pedestrian, and other transportation-related projects and water line projects representing project owner/TWM client to check that projects are built to plans and specifications
- Perform construction materials and quantities documentation
- As needed, undertake civil design, CAD drafting, or other tasks depending on candidate’s skills and experience
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field is a plus
- At least 2 years of experience in civil construction, preferably in roadways, streets, highways and/or water lines
- Roadway project observation experience with one or more of the following entities is preferred: IDOT, MoDOT, Local Public Agencies (municipal/township/county government) within the greater St. Louis area, along with an understanding of the policies and procedures of these owner entities
- Previous experience in construction documentation and measuring
- IDOT Documentation of Contract Quantities certification in Illinois or ability to acquire soon after hire
- Knowledge of CMMS and/or ICORS IDOT-based documentation systems a plus
- Strong coordination and communication skills, along with ability to work effectively with clients, contractors, and the public
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Bentley MicroStation with Geopak, PowerGeopak, OpenRoads, and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D software a plus
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, flexible work location, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil & Structural Engineering, Land Surveying and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers—and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
- Visit How to Apply and follow the instructions.
- Download the application. Choose the appropriate application below, save it, and complete it.
- Write a cover letter. Explain how your knowledge, skills and abilities will serve TWM.
- Prepare a resume. If you prefer, but not in lieu of the application.
- Obtain a college transcript, if applicable. Especially important if you have less than 2 years of experience. It can be unofficial at this stage.
- E-mail or mail your complete package to us. If e-mailing, please send all files in Word or PDF format.
– or –
Thouvenot, Wade & Moerchen
4940 Old Collinsville Road
Swansea, IL 62226
- Submit our EEO/AA Forms under separate cover to help us fulfill our EEO/AA obligations.
- Use the application for Engineering positions.
- Indicate “Application – Swansea RE” in the subject of your email.
- If applicable, an unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.