We are seeking a hard-working and self-motivated Civil Engineering graduate with enough experience and ability to become a vital part of teams designing a wide variety of commercial, residential, and institutional projects.
Experience Level: Entry level (0-2 years)
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Location: Based in Swansea, IL
Essential Job Functions:
- Design civil site and related projects under guidance of licensed Professional Engineers
- Make changes to designs from engineer’s mark-ups
- Assist in preparation of plans, specifications, and estimates
- May assist in stormwater planning and management, modeling, and design
- May coordinate with utility companies during the design process
- Conduct site/field inspections of project locations
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Civil Engineering bachelor’s program with an Engineer Intern (EI) certification
- 0-2 years of full-time, post-graduation experience. Some experience in the direct design of civil site projects, whether post-graduation or as an intern, is desirable.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D is strongly preferred
- Experience in StormCAD, Hydrawflow, and/or FlowMaster a plus
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and in a team
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers—and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
- To apply, visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Download the application. Choose the appropriate application below, save it, and complete it.
- Write a cover letter. Explain how your knowledge, skills and abilities will serve TWM.
- Prepare a resume. If you prefer, but not in lieu of the application.
- Obtain a college transcript, if applicable. Especially important if you have less than 2 years of experience. It can be unofficial at this stage.
- E-mail or mail your complete package to us. If e-mailing, please send all files in Word or PDF format.
– or –
Thouvenot, Wade & Moerchen
4940 Old Collinsville Road
Swansea, IL 62226
- Submit our EEO/AA Forms under separate cover to help us fulfill our EEO/AA obligations.
- Use the Employment Application – Engineering Positions.
- Indicate “Application – Swansea LD EI” in the subject of your email.
- An unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be e-mailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.