TWM is taking applications for a GIS Specialist position. This position is responsible for creating, editing, providing, and maintaining spatial data and cadastral mapping using ESRI’s ArcGIS Software. With TWM’s intent to expand GIS and 3D design services, this position would benefit from someone with the ability and drive to help develop business, grow market share, and manage our efforts toward doing so.
Experience Level: 2 years with a Bachelor’s degree, 4 years with an Associate’s degree
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Location: Any TWM location
- Perform various geoprocessing activities within the ArcGIS platform.
- Create Web apps and Dashboards for internal and external clients.
- Build projects for use in Field Maps.
- Import and export dBases, tables, shapefiles, etc.
- Manage data conversion, design, development, training, and quality assurance for GIS software systems applications.
- Develop, implement, and manage GIS data and its organizational structure/database environment. When needed, analyze and interpret spatial data used in the production of maps, reports, and other products.
- Manage activities involving GIS projects. Develop and implement methodologies for the creation and use of spatial data including digitizing, editing, coding, and annotating line, point, and polygon data.
- Ensure proper functionality of hosted GIS services.
- Consult with Project Managers in the development of their GIS plans, goals, and objectives.
- Coordinate GIS activities between TWM and external agencies and clients.
- Design, develop, and maintain GIS production schedules. Manage and monitor project progress to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Design GIS project methodology for assigned projects to include the primary staff assistance in identifying needs and acquiring GIS products and services.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and developments in the geographic information systems field for application to responsibilities under charge.
- Provide training and “help desk” assistance for any other staff in the use of GIS.
- May help provide GIS presentations to clients and potential clients.
- Function as database administrator for all GIS-related processes and projects.
- To the extent of individual knowledge, skill and ability, either currently or in the future, may perform any or all of the above in relation to BIM, VDC, Revit or other similar software packages.
- Coordinate database and host server activities with IT staff.
- Troubleshoot issues and schedules and coordinate software patches, updates, and upgrades.
- Develop scripts used in geoprocessing and maintenance tasks.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Geography, or a related field and at least 2 years direct working experience with GIS systems; OR a 2-year technical degree and at least 4 years direct working experience with GIS systems.
- Preferred applicants will possess:
- Thorough knowledge of ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS for Server software
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise and Portal
- Experience with Web AppBuilder, Dashboards, and Survey 123
- Experience working with Geodatabase maintenance and replication, spatial data, cadastral mapping, and SQL Server database maintenance, ArcGIS and Extensions, Visual Basic, and Python.
- Candidates should have experience in CAD and GIS conversion.
- Although not necessary, knowledge of and direct experience with BIM, VDC, Revit, or other 3D modeling and design software, or the ability to learn such software, would be a plus.
- Similarly, experience with asset management software and possibly experience with establishing/maintaining GIS-centric asset management programs, would be a plus.
- Experience with Trimble products and Trimble Business Center is a plus.
- Experience in information technology, network administration, and virtualized server technologies is also a plus.
Competitive salary and fringe benefits with exceptional bonus incentives. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews and non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, flexible schedules, and more.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers—and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
- Visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Download the application. Choose the appropriate application below, save it, and complete it.
- Write a cover letter. Explain how your knowledge, skills and abilities will serve TWM.
- Prepare a resume. If you prefer, but not in lieu of the application.
- Obtain a college transcript, if applicable. Especially important if you have less than 2 years of experience. It can be unofficial at this stage.
- E-mail or mail your complete package to us. If e-mailing, please send all files in Word or PDF format.
– or –
Thouvenot, Wade & Moerchen
4940 Old Collinsville Road
Swansea, IL 62226
- Submit our EEO/AA Forms under separate cover to help us fulfill our EEO/AA obligations.
- Use the application for Geospatial positions.
- Indicate “Application – GIS Specialist” in the subject of your email.
- If applicable, an unofficial transcript from your university’s online system can be emailed. Your transcript can be sent under separate cover if necessary.
- Apply early. Position will be filled as quickly as possible.
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.