CDS Office Technologies is the premier Managed Technology Services Provider in the Midwest, and we are looking to add to our ever-growing team of IT professionals! We are looking to fill immediate openings in the position of “Tier 2 IT Systems Engineer.” CDS offers an exciting, fast paced, environment where employees are frequently exposed to new learning opportunities as well as bleeding-edge technology, hardware, and software. With 9 locations and 50 years in business, CDS offers a diverse work environment for career-minded individuals who want to excel in the field of IT / Technology and who have a desire to advance their skillset and ultimately their career.
Applicants should be friendly, enthusiastic, and driven with a strong work ethic.
As a Systems Engineer and Project Installation Specialist, applicants will be the friendly and professional face of CDS, assisting customers onsite and remotely with network, server, and general IT Support needs and project installations. Duties include (but are not limited to):
· Implement and support various projects including installation wireless access points, cameras, phone systems and more
· Install network cabling inside / outside as projects require
· Stand-up / deploy various server hardware
· Work with management team to ensure proper solution delivery
· Update and create documentation for client’s networks and ensure all standard documentation is created and maintained.
· Troubleshoot and solve Tier 1/2 level issues with client networks, servers, and software
Applicants should be comfortable performing “fixed installation” duties which include, but are not limited to:
· Cable installation and termination
· Ladder climbing
· Use of power tools
Applicants MUST have a valid drivers license and be comfortable operating a large utility van.
Previous Experience Preferences:
· Network cable installation and termination
· Fixed installation experience of any type (wireless access points, cameras, phones, etc)
· Familiarity with the tools of the trade
Education and Certificates Preferences:
Preference will be given to applicants who have relevant degrees or certifications, however proven experience is a suitable substitute formal education.