CDS Office Technologies is the premier Managed Technology Services Provider in the Midwest and we are looking to add to our ever-growing team of IT professionals! We are looking to fill immediate openings in the position of “Tier 2 IT Systems Engineer.” CDS offers an exciting, fast paced, environment where employees are frequently exposed to new learning opportunities as well as bleeding-edge technology, hardware, and software. With 9 locations and 50 years in business, CDS offers a diverse work environment for career-minded individuals who want to excel in the field of IT / Technology and who have a desire to advance their skillset and ultimately their career.
Applicants should be friendly, enthusiastic, and driven with a strong work ethic.
As a Systems Engineer, applicants will be the friendly and professional face of CDS, assisting customers onsite and remotely with network, server, and general IT Support needs. Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Implement and support various projects including, upgrades, office/workstation relocations, server migrations, server virtualization, Office 365 migration, and more
- Stand-up / deploy various server hardware
- Support virtual server infrastructure (Hyper-V and vmWare)
- Support and Administer Windows servers with various roles
- Upgrade / deploy new network equipment (firewalls, switches, APs)
- Work with management team to ensure proper solution delivery
- Update and create documentation for client’s networks and ensure all standard documentation is created and maintained.
- Troubleshoot and solve Tier 1/2 level issues with client networks, servers, and software
Previous Experience Preferences:
- Windows Server Administration
- Support-level knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, and File Permissions
- Network Administration
- Cisco, Meraki, HPE/ Aruba, Sonicwall and etc
- OSI model familiarity
- Understanding of VLANS and Subnetting
- Understanding of Client and Site to Site VPN
- Cloud Services
- Office 365 including all related services
- Azure / AWS (preferred but not required)
Education and Certificates Preferences:
Preference will be given to applicants who have Information Systems or Computer Science degrees, however extensive/proven experience is a suitable substitute for formal education.
Microsoft (MCSE, MCSA) and Cisco (CCNA) certificates are helpful but not required.
This is a full time position where salary is based on experience. CDS also offers the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Company Car
- Company Phone
- Company Laptop