Kennelwood Pet Resorts Philosophy: The experiences we create form connections that build trust and confidence.
Safety, Accuracy, Courtesy, Pride, and Accessibility are company values we expect every employee to commit to in their day-to-day role in our culture.
This position requires a strong love of pets and attention to detail. The majority of time is spent keeping rooms and pet runs clean and sanitized; exercising, feeding and picking up after the pets; ensure needs of the boarding guests are being met and reporting on the pet's condition to management staff. This position requires a Flexible Schedule and AVAILABILITY ON WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS. Must possess a good work ethic and work well with others. A genuine interest in pet care is a must. Our Boarding Attendants not only provide excellent care to our guests, they are also the reason our facilities sparkle and smell awesome.
Every employee is required to attend Kennelwood's safety handling session prior to working in our facilities. The safety, health and happiness of our guests depend on your pet care knowledge.
If you are uncomfortable scooping poop and cleaning up after pets - this job is not for you.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds on occasion
Hours: 3rd Shift - 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
- Ensure food bins are stocked
- Provide water bowls and meals to animal guest three times daily, or as directed
- Provide meds to animal guests; mark and initial med book and door cards accordingly
- Clean and sanitize the kitchen immediately following feedings, including dishwashing and sanitizing counters, carts and applicable work areas
- Provide exercise to animal guests
- Clean and sanitize pet hotel areas, including removing pet waste, laundry, changing mop heads and buckets, vacuuming and emptying the central vac
- Clean outside runs, including grassy areas and dispense Citronella spray
- Conduct Yappy Hour and Bizzy Bones for animal guests
- Clean Cattery, including change litter boxes, water bowls, cages, glass doors, trash removal and floors (sweep and mop)
- Obtain customer feedback information including special pet handling requirements
- Ensures pet's medical records are current, updated and noted on applicable door card
- Partner with facility manager to meet and exceed the customer's service expectations.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
- A keen instinct for animal safety, proper procedure and loving commitment for the pets.
- Ability to regularly stand for extended periods.
- Able to walk dogs of all sizes on a leash, ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Bend, stretch and work in and around pet hair and dander.
- Prior experience in a veterinarian's office or hands-on work environment pet care is a PLUS!
- This position supports the company through the Pet Resort functions, assuring that every guest has a quality experience and receives quality care, time and attention during his/her stay at the Pet Resort.