POSITION SUMMARY & MISSION
The Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the branch. The Assistant Branch Manager will ensure the branch’s success in the Branch Manager’s absence. This includes working with employees to ensure exceptional member service is offered, members are educated around SCU products and services, tasks are completed, and the branch runs efficiently.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Coordinates deposit, lending and member services functions in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by Scott Credit Union and federal regulations. Educate members on credit union products and services that will enhance their financial position.
• Coach, lead and motivate branch employees: promote participation in cross sales of products and services: provide training where applicable. This includes referring members to mortgage, business lending and Retirement and Investment Services. Meets with employees regularly on an individual and group basis to establish and reinforce sales/service goals.
• Responsible for all or part of the duties and responsibilities involved in scheduling and staffing, assignment of duties and priorities of completion in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by credit union and directly assigned to the Branch Manager.
• Works directly with members, external persons and representatives of associated industries (i.e., SEG's) to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in area.
• Promotes and recognizes cross sale of products and services: provide training where applicable. This includes referring members to mortgage, business lending and Retirement
and Investment Services. Responsible for meeting individual sales goals as well as assisting the Branch Manager in achieving branch goals.
• Perform required OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) screens as outlined in the Non-Member Verafin Processing policy and reports any positive matches to the BSA Group. Complies with BSA requirements of completing CTR and SAR.
• Represent Scott Credit Union in community activities and organizations.
• Directs the preparation of branch reports. Ensures branch reports and task are completed with accuracy and meets deadlines. Reviews and research errors and ensure accountability of those involved as well as recognizing training and coaching opportunities
• Performs such other duties as may be delegated by the Branch Manager including temporary assignments to other branch offices.
• Responsible for providing prompt, professional, helpful, knowledgeable and courteous member service Investigates member concerns, researches and finalizes a resolution. Ensure we are meeting expectations with member service satisfaction results.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Supervises the employees at the branch level. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, seeking Management’s assistance when necessary; attending Supervisory meetings as well as any ongoing training sessions and communicate new information to the branch staff.
Must have in-depth knowledge of all credit union services, operational policies and procedures, and is able to communicate this knowledge effectively to staff and members. Displays leadership ability plus a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
Contributes to credit union growth and profitability goals and achieves any individual and/or branch sales objectives and cross sell quotas.
Responsible to keep the following confidential as it pertains to SCU, member and employee information and is defined as the following:
• Financial record information, which includes but is not limited to the information contained in a document granting signature authority over an account, a statement, ledger card or other record on any account which shows each transaction in or with respect to that account, a check, draft or money order drawn on a financial institution or other entity or issued and payable by or through a financial institution or other entity or other item containing information pertaining to any relationship established in the ordinary course of business between SCU and its members;
• SCU business information, such as member lists, pricing, purchasing activity, business strategies or techniques, operational data, marketing materials and methods used to develop and maintain member relations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent;
Minimum three years of diversified experience working in a customer service environment or a financial institution.
Personal computer experience to include Microsoft Office products.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, procedure manuals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and general communication to staff. Ability to speak effectively and present information before groups of employees, as well as to members, salespersons and other external persons.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Notary Public license within six months of hire date
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
General knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point. Ability to utilize personal computer, tablet and mobile device. Ability to understand and utilize credit union software programs and interpret credit union terminology, policies and procedures.
Ability to operate office equipment such as scanner, copier/printer, personal computer, and other machines generally found in a contemporary office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The mental demands necessary to perform this job include the need to occasionally use persuasiveness; to frequently use problem solving, creativity and concentration; and to continuously be alert, precise and resourceful.
Ability to manage time and prioritization of tasks effectively to ensure that the Credit Union is functioning in the most efficient manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For more information visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=766f7851-7cf7-4ebf-bb47-877e33aee31d&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter