Collaborates with customer areas and assists in defining business requirements for projects of a complex nature to improve quality, efficiency and the effectiveness of products and services. Assists in the research, development and implementation of business systems and processes. Performs tasks that have some established guidelines or processes to follow.
This job posting is reflective of the Business Systems Consultant I position essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Business Systems Consultant II and III levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Facilitate and coordinate gathering information and requirements, while assessing overall results.
- Develop and communicate recommendations and assist with implementation of recommendations in collaboration with team members. Compare the present state of the business with a conceptual and desired future state and provide gap analysis; and make recommendations.
- In depth understanding of cross-functional business processes, compliance, and workflows and apply that knowledge to your daily support of the application. Evaluates effectiveness of current and to be processes and make recommendations for improvement. May include production support and ad hoc reporting.
- Builds the business case for making a change to current practices, programs or procedures.
- Conducts current state assessment, opportunity assessment, cost/benefit analysis, feasibility assessment, etc.
- Manage vendor relationships and requests. Participate in vendor selection, evaluation/recommendation and compliance.
- Leads an effective change management approach. Clarify and explain our change management approach to Business Owners & management; Gain acceptance/adoption across business units. Be a trusted advisor on change management practices.
- Actively seeks to understand and implement new and emerging technologies to positively impact the business operations. Effectively influence, persuade and interact with multiple business partner and stakeholders.
- Proficiency working with Agile principles, processes, driving decision making, and aligning the team/organization on goals and objectives.
- Communicating effectively with internal business partners and stakeholders throughout the enterprise. Communicates with external stakeholders/vendors to represent the product, department, and company. Develop and deliver effective presentations. Leverage contemporary company communication tools to convey message.
- Learn and apply general facilitation and project management practices to guide core teams to business decisions for feature level/department level changes. May employ advanced project management tools and methodologies.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Must be located in United States or Puerto Rico.
- Ability to use current and contemporary business tools and methodologies.
- Understands and considers both the business and the technical processes and needs to meet/exceed the desired business objectives.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated leadership role in business system operations, workflow analysis, business systems terminology and standards. Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders and be a trusted partner. Advanced knowledge of implementation processes and redesign of supporting business processes, which may include software implementation processes and process reengineering. Demonstrated experience with project management processes and tools in managing and delivering projects timely.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adapt in a rapidly changing environment. Strong learning and critical thinking skills.
- Exposure to continuous process improvement/operational excellence practices and change management practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders/business partners.
- Proven problem solving experience with high attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to see the "Big Picture".
- Strong prioritization, organization and decision making skills.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business or related field.
- Knowledge of insurance products, the insurance industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Strong quantitative, statistical, and data analysis and interpretative skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary Range: $71,350- $140,000.
- Pay commensurate with experience.