Our client in Granite City is looking for an EHS Manager to join their team. The EHS Manager assists in strategically planning, directing, and implementing "world class" safety culture and ensures compliance with all state, federal and local governmental EHS regulations by performing the duties listed below:
- Analyzes performance, identifies gaps and opportunities, and helps set strategies and policy for year over year improvement and sustainment translating strategy into actionable project plans.
- Ensures EHS SOPs are implemented and trained to maintain compliance, reduce associated injury, minimize company exposure/risk, and ensure compliance with Safety Management Systems as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assists with audits of the facilities, tracks audit completion, and aids facilities to resolve action items; provides site support and guidance for EHS Compliance Audits
- Promotes risk management program and evaluations to set priorities for equipment guarding, ergonomics concerns, and other EHS items of concern.
- Encourages implementation of behavioral safety programs to focus on elimination of at-risk behaviors.
- Assists and provides guidance for site level environmental and safety regulatory reports prior to submission (Air, Hazardous Waste, Tier Il, Form R, BLS, etc.)
- Support employee engagement and communications through media sources including Town Halls, electronic education, facilitating safety committees, and other appropriate resources.
- Demonstrates commitment, awareness and involvement pertaining to ISO (policy, standards, procedures, etc.) and food safety practices (GMPs, procedures, etc.) are requirements of all employees.
- Employee remains current in changing EHS regulations.
- Assist in standardization efforts and cost savings opportunities — gloves, knives, hazardous, etc.
- Leads efforts to develop Environmental Management Systems
Location: Granite City, IL
Position type: Full Time, Direct Hire
Location: Position will cover 3 locations: Granite City IL, Kansas City MO and Nashville IL.
Pay: Up to $105,000/yr, BOE
- BS degree in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety, or other science field.
- Five or more years of experience leading EHS issues.
- Experience in evaluating/interpreting OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations and NFPA, ANSI, ASTM, ISO and ASME standards preferred.
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Safety Professional (ASP/CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certifications are a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), Visio, and Outlook (including calendar capabilities)
- Maintains strict confidentiality and protects privacy of confidential/sensitive information.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously establishing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, and presentations) with executive leadership, staff, and internal and external clients.
- Proactive; exercises sound judgment and decision making; able to identify problems and needs and develop solutions and/or options.
- Self-confident, self-motivated polished professional who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location at www.expresspros.com or email your resume to Rachael.Gourley@expresspros.com