Field Development Executive Position: Field Development Executive Position location: St. Louis, Missouri Council website: www.stlbsa.org
Secure financial support for programs in western St. Louis County and St. Charles, Lincoln, and Warren counties. Recruit community volunteer leaders to support fundraising campaigns to meet the financial needs of the organization. Must have communication skills and be able to explain the program’s goals and objectives to the public and provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, and activities. Responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing gift prospects, as well as pursuing new prospects. Ability to relate with donors and clearly communicate Scouting’s mission.
Strong marketing, fundraising, sales, and project management. A development background is highly desired. Experience in non-profit operations, volunteer coordination, event/hospitality management, experience using CRM software (Customer Relationship Management) (Raiser’s Edge NXT) is preferred. Fundraising or sales experience is a plus. Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible, and creative. Competency in using Microsoft Office and Canva graphic design. Self-motivated individual with time management skills and organizational skills. Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
· Maintain and build relationships with current donors.
· Identify, cultivate, and solicit new donors.
· Manage portfolio of 100+ donors and prospects
· Collaborate with Field Staff to align efforts, cultivate donors, build new relationships, and grow the brand of the BSA.
· Be an active member in community organizations; Chambers of Commerce, service groups and other networking organizations to help cultivate community partnerships.
· Make face-to-face, phone, e-mail, and letter mailings to solicit donors. Solicit new and existing donors and assist the field staff with their solicitation (e.g., provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications)
· Acknowledge donors through public and private recognition.
· Track and report progress using specific metrics defined by the Field Director and or Director of Field Service
· Attend and support District and Council events where appropriate.
Associate degree – Plus a minimum of 5 years+ of work experience.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Strong marketing, fund-raising and program development background is highly desired.
Non-profit, fundraising or sales experience is a plus.
Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible, and creative.
Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to two weeks.
A Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference, and motor vehicle background checks.
The Greater St. Louis Area Council is an equal opportunity employer. Professional Scouting offers benefits to include medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, family medical leave, maternity leave, a matching savings plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business-related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer a generous paid-time-off policy and holiday observances.