Assists in formulating business solutions through research, analysis, validation of data, facts, and information. Provides support for teams in order to meet defined business objectives and strategy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work on the 401(k) Client Operations Team supporting the customers of our 401(k) GVA product
- Assist in gathering and analyzing information and requirements, and assist with implementation in collaboration with team members.
- General understanding of department business processes, compliance, and workflows and apply that knowledge to your daily support of the business. May include administrative and production support for the business.
- Assist with creation of test plans, test scripts, and performs manual or automated testing for enhancements, upgrades and on-going maintenance to ensure that business, technical, and functional requirements are being met.
- Understanding of vendor relationships. Assists in the fulfillment of vendor requests in order to maintain strong vendor relationships.
- Contributes to the development of communication and training plans and materials for internal and external business associates and customers.
- Conducting immediate/localized impact analysis of process adjustments on people, strategy, systems and general business operations to determine priority of needs.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the insurance industry, and the business environment.
- Proficiency working with Agile principles, processes, driving decision making, and aligning the team/organization on goals and objectives.
- Communicating effectively with internal business partners and stakeholders. Leverage contemporary company communication tools to convey message.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Ability to use current and contemporary business tools and methodologies.
- Understands and considers both the business and the technical processes and needs to meet/exceed the desired business objectives.
- Understanding of Business Analysis techniques and tools. Exposure to project management processes and tools. Ability to organize and deliver tasks and/or projects timely.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Exposure to continuous process improvement/operational excellence practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders/business partners.
- Proven problem solving experience with high attention to detail.
- Strong prioritization, organization and decision making skills.
- 401(k) knowledge and experience a plus
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Pay Range 24.04-26.44 (50-55K)
- Pay commensurate with experience.