Can you be a real, true friend? Is it your nature to be open, listen deeply, know your heart, respond genuinely, and care as only a real friend cares? If so, we want to meet you.
Cedarhurst, a regional healthcare provider and true friend of older adults, seeks a service-minded, career-oriented individual to join our team as a Housekeeper at our Troy community.
As a Housekeeper, you will have to opportunity to connect with, and positively impact the lives of, our residents daily! In this role, you will work alongside the Environmental Services Director to ensure our community spaces are maintained and kept tidy.
As a Housekeeper, you will impact the lives of our residents by –
- Perform through cleaning duties such as: sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, laundry, taking out trash
- Perform cleaning duties to a schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) in assigned areas such as resident apartments, common areas, restrooms and offices throughout the community – this will require the ability to, lift, crouch, bend and reach above head or below the waist
- Collect and launder soiled linens in accordance with health, hygiene and appearance policies and regulations, as well as fold, sort and distribute clean laundry
- Report supply and equipment needs to Supervisor and restock/replenish supplies as needed
- Work in coordination with maintenance – reporting any necessary repairs noticed during the workday
To become a Housekeeper, you will need –
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred
- Passion for working with older adults.
- Ability to work well with others, communicate clearly and take direction from management, as well as to take initiative and go above and beyond to meet resident needs.
- An eye for detail.
- Flexibility and the ability to work weekends, as needed.
- Ability to meet all physical demands of the position which includes, but is not limited to, seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance
When considering a career with Cedarhurst, please understand that –
- Our core values describe our expectation that every team member will be Passionate, Trustworthy, Empathetic, Positive, Respectful and Approachable – and in every way a real, true friend of those we serve.
- To be a Cedarhurst team member means you’re devoted to doing The Friend’s Work: In your every effort, you reassure, energize, and inspire older adults in Cedarhurst.
- Cedarhurst believes that its team is its greatest asset. For this reason, we provide our team members with extensive training as well as personal and career development opportunities.
- Cedarhurst believes in promoting from within. We seek team members who wish to grow with us.
- Cedarhurst offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage, life insurance, long-term disability coverage and a 401(k) Plan with company match (after 1 year of service).
- Cedarhurst offers wages on-demand which allows you to access your earned wages before your payday.
- Cedarhurst considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory COVID-19 vaccine program, participating in testing requirements (COVID-19 and TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Salary Range: $14
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.