Kennelwood Pet Resorts is looking for a Boarding Attendant to be a part of a growing industry leader pet care business. As a Boarding Attendant you ensure that each animal guest at our resort stays in clean accommodations and has all their individual needs attended to. You clean and sanitize hotel areas, outside runs, and laundry. You will provide meals and medications to our animal guest as well as clean up to keep the facility clean and smelling awesome!
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct special enrichment events with the animals
- Provide feedings and water to each animal guest as directed
- Provide medication and keep accurate records
- Provide exercise to the animals
- Clean and sanitize kitchen after feedings
- Pick up after dogs
- Clean outside runs and pet hotel areas to provide the best environment for the dog guests
- Clean cattery including changing litter boxes, feedings, and water
- Do laundry as needed
- May be cross-trained in other departments
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods
- Ability to lift at least 40 lbs on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs on occasion
- Ability to walk dogs of all sizes on leashes
- Ability to handle dogs of all sizes
- Comfortable working around pet hair and dander
- A passion for animals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays - looking for all shifts including overnights
- No experience necessary but previous experience in a veterinarians office or hands on pet care environment in a plus!
What's in it for you?
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Weekly paychecks
- Training and growth potential
- 401k plus employer match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Free Pet Boarding and Dog DayCamp
- Discounts on Training and Grooming
- Bring your pet to work with you!
- Benefits may vary per position and department
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of all the tasks this position may be required to perform.
Kennelwood Pet Resorts opened its first location in 1974. Since the beginning, Kennelwood has been a leader in the pet care industry being the first to introduce pet services like Shed-X and Doggie DayCamp and continues the tradition by offering services such as training, grooming, dog daycamp, and boarding. Kennelwood has eight convenient pet resort locations as well as a Kennelwood Academy for Dog Training Professionals. Kennelwood continues to be an industry leader and has the philosophy that the experiences we create form connections that build trust and confidence. Join our team and be a part of the tradition and contribute to the lives of the pets entrusted in our care!