Are you looking to find personal and professional fulfillment, and align your career with your values?
At Gateway Foundation, our employees have an opportunity to make a difference every day by helping people with substance abuse issues gain control of their lives.
Gateway Foundation is a recognized non-profit leader in evidence-based treatment proven to get results. Our experts in Addiction Medicine—including highly educated clinical and medical professionals and expert psychiatrists and nurses—deliver care that never stops. Throughout Gateway’s proud history of helping others, dedicated and professional employees have been vital to accomplishing our life-saving mission. Read more about the incredible recognition that we received!
If you are a collaborative professional who shares our commitment to helping people with substance abuse and mental health issues turn their lives around – GATEWAY IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!
Cooks are responsible for:
- Preparing, seasoning, and cooking food for clients in accordance with established recipes and menus
- Completing advance preparation steps, using kitchen utensils and equipment, and inspecting and testing food
- Ensuring proper storage of goods, supplies, and leftovers
- Cleaning and organizing work and serving areas and maintaining kitchen equipment
- Assisting in menu planning and training of clients assigned to kitchen duty
- Other duties as assigned
- Current state of Illinois, Department of Public Health, Food Protection Manager Certification required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6 months training in cooking techniques and procedures required
- Minimum 1 year related work experience
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 30 pounds regularly and up to 60 pounds frequently.
- Ability to stand stationary up to two hours at a time regularly, and up to four hours frequently.
- Ability to walk or move about for more than six hours at a time.
- Ability to stoop and bend, ability to reach and grab with arms and hands, and manual dexterity to manipulate kitchen implements and utensils.
- Normal or corrected vision necessary to read recipes and instructions, and measure or portion food items. Color vision and sense of smell necessary to inspect food items for spoilage.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
Gateway Foundation values its employees and provides an inclusive and diverse work environment where dedicated employees can make a difference. We are committed to engaging and rewarding our employees in meaningful ways. For eligible employees, we provide a Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Health Insurance - Including a wellness premium incentive opportunity
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off - Including 18 days of PTO and 9 paid holidays in the first year
- Catastrophic Absence Time (CAT) - Accrue up to seven days annually, to be used during an extended personal illness
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with company match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gateway is a qualified employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.