Student Support Services/School Nurse Location: TRIAD MIDDLE SCHOOL & C.A. HENNING ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
POSITION TITLE: School Nurse
CONTRACT PERIOD: 180 Days
REPORTS TO: Principal of building(s) where assigned
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide the fullest possible educational opportunity for each district student by minimizing absence due to illness and creating a climate of health and well-being in the district schools.
1. Provides preventative health services to facilitate the student’s optimal physical, mental, emotional and social growth development.
2. Identifies problems and disabilities and provides such services as case findings, health education and care in order to help prevent serious problems.
3. Supports the education process by working to ensure the health of the students.
4. Maintains health records of students and overall compliance according to state standards.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Valid state license to practice as a registered nurse.
2. An Illinois School Service Personnel certificate with a nursing service endorsement.
License: School Nurse (Pre K- Age 21) (PEL) Preferred. Registered Nurse will be accepted.
The Triad School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or military status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or handicap
Conducts school health service, including tests for hearing and vision.
Assumes responsibility for selection and referral of students in need of medical and dental care.
Reports to parents, school personnel, physicians, clinics, and other agencies on school medical matters.
Maintains up-to date cumulative health records on all students.
Observes and advises students concerning health and personal hygiene problems.
Assumes authority, in absence of a physician, for the care of a student or staff member who has suffered injury or emergency illness.
Visits student homes when necessary.
Participates with school staff in developing and implementing school health program.
Contacts homes of children referred by principals.
Advises on modification of the educational program to meet health needs of individual students.
Prepares and submits reports for the superintendent and State Board of Health, (if required).
Authorizes exclusion and readmission of students in connection with infectious and contagious diseases.
Advises teachers on health matters, particularly regarding screening for student health defects.
Assists school personnel in establishing sanitary conditions in schools.
Attends committee meetings and conferences regarding health service and health curriculum.
Participates in in-service training programs.
Provides faculty and administration with a list of students with health problems.