For nearly a half century, Chestnut Health Systems, a not-for-profit agency, has been meeting people where they are in their health journey. Chestnut approaches care from a whole-person perspective - providing primary health care for people of all ages, treating adults and adolescents living with substance use disorders, providing mental health counseling, prevention education, housing, and credit counseling, and leading the way in researching treatment best practices.
Our 700 employees come from all walks of life. There is a place for you at Chestnut whether you have a high school diploma, a Ph.D., or something in between; whether you want to work in a clinical or administrative area; and whether you want to work full-time, part-time, or PRN.
Chestnut pays recruitment and retention bonuses to people joining the agency in a variety of roles. Employees can earn referral bonuses. Hourly, non-exempt employees earn premium pay for hours worked evenings, overnight, or on weekends. Employees in a variety of roles are eligible for student loan reimbursement up to $250,000 through the National Health Service Corps. Chestnut pays competitive wages and offers generous benefits, including the following:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flex spending accounts
- Health savings accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Nine paid holidays per year
- Sign-on bonuses for nurses and certain clinicians
- Retention bonuses for nurses and certain clinicians
- Tuition assistance for those pursuing certain disciplines
- Agency-paid expenses for licensure and credentialing for selected positions
- Thousands of free online courses and trainings, including many that qualify for professional continuing education credit
- Agency-paid attendance at approved professional conferences
- Perspectives Ltd. Employee Assistance Program
Ensuring your success
Regular check-ins with our Director of Employee Experience take place well beyond new employee orientation. Conversations at 30, 60, and 90 days of employment help to ensure support in your new role and that you have what you need to enjoy a lasting career at Chestnut.
Illinois Executive Order 2021-20 requires that all Chestnut employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees who do not establish that they are fully vaccinated must be tested weekly, consistent with the requirements of the Executive Order. Chestnut provides the COVID vaccine free of charge to employees. As a health care provider, Chestnut requires masks in common areas. We have adjusted waiting room occupancy to enable social distancing.
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience. Chestnut is an EOE employer – minorities/females/vets/disabled.
Please click here to see available positions.