Can you be a real, true friend? Is it your nature to be open, listen deeply, know your heart, respond genuinely, and care as only a real friend cares? If so, we want to meet you.
Cedarhurst, a regional healthcare provider and true friend of older adults, seeks a service-minded, career-oriented individual to join our team as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at our Troy community.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse, you will have to opportunity to connect with, and positively impact the lives of, our residents daily! You will promote the physical, personal and emotional well-being of each resident and work with the Director of Nursing and care staff teams to strive to reach the ultimate goal, which is to return the resident to their maximum level of self-care and independence, when possible.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse, you will impact the lives of our residents by –
- Responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of all nursing care prescribed, and provided, to our residents within the community.
- Work with the Director of Wellness to provide direction and oversight to the care staff regarding the resident’s needs based on the assessment performed.
- Understand the importance and value of communication regarding the resident’s care and wellbeing with community staff, as well as with the resident’s family members.
To become a Licensed Practical Nurse, you will need –
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and current state license is required
- Must possess a current CPR certification.
- Working knowledge of treating and assisting seniors with dementia.
- Ability to provide necessary care to residents of the community within state and federal guidelines.
- Knowledgeable of and experienced in conducting pre-admission assessments, training and education to staff, residents, and family members.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution for residents, families, employees, and others as needed.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 200lbs with assistance.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction from management, as well as take initiative – willing to go above and beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are comfortable in their living environment.
- Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
- Must possess knowledge of state and federal nursing center laws and regulations regarding senior living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
When considering a career with Cedarhurst, please understand that –
- Our core values describe our expectation that every team member will be Passionate, Trustworthy, Empathetic, Positive, Respectful and Approachable – and in every way a real, true friend of those we serve.
- To be a Cedarhurst team member means you’re devoted to doing The Friend’s Work: In your every effort, you reassure, energize, and inspire older adults in Cedarhurst.
- Cedarhurst believes that its team is its greatest asset. For this reason, we provide our team members with extensive training as well as personal and career development opportunities.
- Cedarhurst believes in promoting from within. We seek team members who wish to grow with us.
- Cedarhurst offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage, life insurance, long-term disability coverage and a 401(k) Plan with company match (after 1 year of service).
- Cedarhurst offers wages on-demand which allows you to access your earned wages before your payday.
- Cedarhurst considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory COVID-19 vaccine program, participating in testing requirements (COVID-19 and TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Salary Range: $26.00
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.