Job Summary: Remains with the patient at all times, monitors activities and provides a safe environment. Performs various housekeeping and cleaning duties to maintain a clean environment. Performance expectations are defined in the competency evaluation.
Service and Quality Standards:
Is Customer focused
Anticipates customer needs
Adheres to customer service standards
Is Competent, caring and compassionate
Treats coworkers and customers with dignity and respect
Demonstrates competent, caring and compassionate behavior
to customers and coworkers
Is conversation conscious
Assures confidentiality of patient and employee information
Is positive in interactions with others
Is courteous and respectful
Promotes a harassment free environment
Inspires the trust of others
Acts in accordance with hospital policies, meets the requirements of the Code of Excellence, Code of Conduct and identifies any conflicts of interest.
Is excellent in patient care and service
Demonstrates multidisciplinary cooperation
Assists in obtaining excellent satisfaction scores of feedback
Is safety conscious
Demonstrates safety consciousness and supports safety initiatives
Is involved with improvement efforts
Supports performance improvement
Seeks ways to improve systems and services
Shows commitment to improvement efforts
Meets mandatory educational requirements
Is a loyal ambassador
Demonstrates commitment to hospital mission and vision
Is active and involved
Supports hospital initiatives
Champions innovation and supports change
Is a positive role model
Fosters team cooperation
Is a good steward of hospital resources
Develops/uses efficient work methods
Is cost effective
Conserves organizational resources
- Remain with the patient and oversee all activity at all times.
- Read, talk with, keep patient calm and in bed or chair.
- Assures the safety and comfort of the patient
- Informs the nurse of sudden changes in the patient condition
- Notifies nurse at the station when reporting on and off duty
- Discusses coverage for meals/breaks with the nurse
- Sitter will not feed, walk, lift or reposition patients
- Treats patient and their belongings with dignity and respect
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Maintains a neat environment
- Maintains a safe environment
- Supports patient’s rights and responsibilities, including respect of cultural, ethical, and religious diversity.
- Adheres to standard precautions and infection control standards.