Position Title: Cardiac Cath Lab Unit RN
Department: Cath Lab
Reports to: Clinical Director
Job Summary: The cardiac cath lab nurse will function in the role of circulating and monitor RN in addition to the role of scrub as needed.
Service and Quality Standards:
Is Customer focused
Anticipates customer needs
Adheres to customer service standards
Is Competent, caring and compassionate
Treats coworkers and customers with dignity and respect
Demonstrates competent, caring and compassionate behavior
to customers and coworkers
Is conversation conscious
Assures confidentiality of patient and employee information
Is positive in interactions with others
Is courteous and respectful
Promotes a harassment free environment
Inspires the trust of others
Acts in accordance with hospital policies and code of conduct
Is excellent in patient care and service
Demonstrates multidisciplinary cooperation
Assists in obtaining excellent satisfaction scores of feedback
Is safety conscious
Demonstrates safety consciousness and supports safety initiatives
Is involved with improvement efforts
Supports performance improvement
Seeks ways to improve systems and services
Shows commitment to improvement efforts
Meets mandatory educational requirements
Is a loyal ambassador
Demonstrates commitment to hospital mission and vision
Is active and involved
Supports hospital initiatives
Champions innovation and supports change
Is a positive role model
Fosters team cooperation
Is a good steward of hospital resources
Develops/uses efficient work methods
Is cost effective
Conserves organizational resources
- Exhibits responsibility for departmental and personal work schedules.
- Supports patient’s rights and responsibilities, including respect of cultural and religious diversity.
- Provides age-appropriate and population specific patient care in a safe, skillful, accurate and efficient manner to all populations.
- Maintains current knowledge and practice of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Conducts self in a professional manner.
- Completes documentation accurately and in a timely manner, according to hospital policies and procedures to include computerized documentation and ordering.
- Engages in activities to expand and/or enhance the professional nursing role, which includes integration of research and evidence based practice.
- Provides leadership and autonomy in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Effectively utilizes the nursing process to ensure optimal nursing care and patient outcomes.
- Assesses the patient’s initial and ongoing condition.
- Formulates a plan and identifies individualized patient needs.
- Facilitates interventions in accordance with patient’s established plan of care and provides appropriate nursing interventions for the patient undergoing surgical intervention.
- Evaluates progress towards the attainment of the patient’s plan of care by constantly individualizing, updating and prioritizing the plan of care.
- Follows policy and procedure for environmental cleaning and housekeeping.
Working Conditions: Exposure Category I: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues. All procedures or other job-related tasks that involve an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues, or a potential for spills or splashes of them, are Category I tasks. Use of appropriate protective measures is required for every employee engaged in Category I tasks.