Assist and provide direction to residents with personal care needs which enable the resident to maintain good personal hygiene, to carry out activities of daily living, to maintain good health and participate in the activities of the community.
Essential Duties Include the following:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists residents in their personal care which includes direction and assistance in grooming, hygiene, dressing, nutrition, etc.
- Assists residents to and from dining room as needed and assists with meals.
- Encourages and assists residents to participate in activities.
- Listens to and understands the problems of residents and reports observations immediately to Director, if appropriate.
- Participates in all in-service programs to expand and develop abilities.
- Sets a good example for residents and other staff members by appearance, conduct and interest in job.
- Maintains compliance to all personnel policies, established community policies and procedures, and Federal and State regulations and standards.
- Understands and implements the Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Plan and evacuation procedures of the community during drills and actual emergencies.
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Health care or nurse's aide training with a 100 hour nurse's aide training preferred.
- One year nurse's aide experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding senior living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living.
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all residents, visitors, employees and the overall community.
Basic ability of using Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word applications, a plus.