Summer Program Teacher
Hoyleton Youth and Family Services is looking to hire Teacher(s) for our seasonal Summer Program. These positions will be located at our residential cottages in Hoyleton, IL. Are you ready to take your career in social services to the next level with a well-respected organization that has been serving southern Illinois for over 125 years?
The Summer Program Teachers assist with the administration and implementation of the residential recreational and vocational program. They are to lead classes in various educational and recreational activities. Class subjects include Media (Current events), Arts & Crafts, Cooking, Life Skills, Reading, and Fitness/P.E. They are to lead leisure and educational field trips to various locations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Works directly with and supervises residents as they are engaged in a variety of recreational and educational activities designed to promote positive self-esteem, social skills, and physical well-being.
- Assists in formulating and maintaining Individual Treatment Plan (ITP) for each child according to the individual needs related to temperament, personality, energy level, intellectual functioning, and social abilities.
- In accordance with the resident's plan, provides instruction in identified life skills area and provides opportunities for life experiences designed to enhance their potential.
- Assist with the supervision of the use and maintenance of Activity Therapy Department facilities and equipment.
- Report incidents or behavior problems to the Activity Therapist Supervisor.
- Submit Medicaid documentation as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in human services, teaching experience, and prior experience working with youth with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Two (2) years experience in residential care or related human services field.
- Must possess and retain a valid Illinois driver's license and provide proof of insurance.
- The personal characteristics and experiential background that support the delivery of appropriate care for children, win respect, guide development, and participate in the overall treatment program designed for the clients served.
- The temperament suited to working with and caring for children with special needs as appropriate.
- Basic skills in first aid and the identification of medical needs.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this seasonal/temporary position with our social services organization, please complete our initial 3-minute mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Location: 62803 Hoyleton