The Community Engagement Manager oversees all facets of the volunteer experience and recruitment of girls and adults in their assigned geographic area. The Community Engagement Manager is accountable for representing and extending Girl Scouting in the community through networking, collaborative efforts, and presentations to ensure the Girl Scout program is accessible to all girls across all demographic groups.
This is a full-time, exempt telecommute position. Benefit eligible, including medical, dental, life, long-term disability, 11 paid holidays a year, 12 days of vacation (4-day work weeks), 3 days of personal time, and 12 days of sick, all earned each year. Additionally, we offer a 403b and match after 1 year, and offer the option to enroll in other supplementary benefits.
· O’Fallon/Fairview Heights/Shiloh
· New Athens/Marissa/St. Libory/Freeburg
· Organizes, implements, and promotes girl and volunteer renewal in the assigned area.
· Represents and promotes Girl Scouting in the community by building community awareness by highlighting the benefits of membership.
· Serves as the main point of contact and distributes information between Girl Scout staff and volunteers.
· Create and implement short- and long-term strategies for recruiting and retaining new girl and adult membership.
· Holds community recruitment events for registration and placement of new members
· Trains, supports, work collaboratively, and communicates regularly to cultivate relationships with Service Unit teams.
· Creates an atmosphere to welcome leaders into the Girl Scout family through communication and onboarding.
· Provides a high level of support for all volunteer roles, identifies the need and provides timely problem solving and conflict resolution.
· Initiate troops at schools and community organizations and serve as an interim troop leader until a volunteer troop leader can be identified, trained, and placed as the troop’s leader.
· Research market data and other pertinent information to become knowledgeable about demographics, community needs, and girl and adult recruitment possibilities.
· Promotes adult recognition, girl awards, programs, events, camp, volunteer training, and troop volunteerism to volunteers, girls, families, and community members.
· Build a rapport/relationship with schools, churches, and other community organizations within a jurisdiction.
· Attends special events as needed.
· Coordinates and fully participates in team meetings and other planning meetings, coordinates tasks with respective departments, and provides follow-up support as needed.
· Demonstrate consistently a climate of courtesy, respect, and professionalism to staff, volunteers, members, and the general public.
· Support the organizational diversity and fund development goals of the organization.
· Collaborates and supports other departments as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
· Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a related field with experience in volunteer management and support
· Strong leadership skills
· Computer proficient in Microsoft Office, databases, email, and internet applications
·Must have a valid driver’s license, a positive driving record, and reliable transportation.
· Possess the ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings/weekends, and to travel as the job requires
· Ability to manage confidential information and documents with discretion
· Willingness to perform tasks that involve the ability to exert light physical effort, which may include some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling objects and materials of moderate weight (20-25 pounds)
· Understanding and acceptance of the Girl Scout promise and law and become a member of Girl Scouts of the USA