We make what matters work.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
What sets our Early Talent Programs apart:
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure with opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
The Human Resource Development Program (HRDP) at Eaton is designed with one thing in mind, your career in Human Resources.
During the two-year rotational program, you’ll gain challenging experience working in two diverse manufacturing facilities. The scope of each assignment is designed to build your HR foundational skillset. In addition, you will sharpen key leadership skills & operational knowledge needed to accelerate your career at Eaton. The HRDP is ideal for individuals who are passionate about pushing themselves outside of their comfort zone in order to develop into a HR Business Leader.
The focus of the program is to challenge each participant in a variety of critical, developmental areas through robust assignments across Eaton’s core businesses. At Eaton, you’ll find a community of HR professionals that are aligned around building a HR leadership pipeline. The HRDP has a rich tradition at Eaton and has produced senior leaders across the enterprise. You’ll encounter leaders & alumni who value connection & collaboration. As a HRDP, you’ll receive mentoring & leadership connection opportunities to build your network & clearly envision potential career paths at Eaton.
The HRDP provides you with the following developmental opportunities, through the perspective of a HR Generalist:
- Structured & deliberate exposure to critical experiences to expediate development of key Human Resources & Leadership competencies
- Diverse array of foundational HR experiences such as; employee relations, talent acquisition, organizational design/change, labor relations, performance management, training & development, compensation & benefits, & HR Analytics
- Varied assignments in program to develop your ability to get results and adapt quickly to different environments: Cross-business, Union/Non-Union, Legacy Eaton/Acquisition sites, etc.
- Influence & partner with functional & business leaders though exposure to a variety of Eaton processes
- Direct exposure to some of Eaton’s best Plant HR leaders who serve as Assignment Managers
- Close-knit network of HRDP peers & alumni
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be prepared to take on a HR leadership role within Eaton including: Lead HR Generalist, HR Supervisor, HR Manager, and other roles as identified by the business needs and individual performance.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Master's or MBA degree with a focus in human resources from an accredited institution with graduation no later than August 2023
- Minimum of one prior internship or work experience in a Human Resources function
- Geographic flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of the Development Program
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship now and in the future
- Relevant HR work experience and/or HR Internship experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Leadership aptitude and desire to build a career in human resources in manufacturing environment
- This role may include travel (up to 25%) within a local region as determined by the assignment manager
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The annual salary for this role is $90,000 a year. This position offers a one-time $12,000 signing bonus.
At Eaton, we know that good benefit plans are important to employees and their families. In addition to a competitive base salary, Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits at a Glance.
To Apply: In addition to applying through the campus system, interested candidates must apply to www.eaton.com/careers in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com