Can you be a real, true friend? Is it your nature to be open, listen deeply, know your heart, respond genuinely, and care as only a real friend cares? If so, we want to meet you.
Cedarhurst, a regional healthcare provider and true friend of older adults, seeks a service-minded, career-oriented individual to join our team as a full-time Environmental Services Director at our Troy community.
As an Environmental Services Director, you will have to opportunity to connect with, and positively impact the lives of, our residents daily! This includes providing our residents with a safe living environment by overseeing and delivering quality and timely maintenance repairs and ensuring the community is maintained exceptionally - both the interior and exterior, as well as the grounds.
In this role, you will work alongside the community’s Executive Director and entire management team to ensure a pleasant and safe living experience for our residents.
As an Environmental Services Director, you will impact the lives of our residents by –
- Maintain all areas inside the building, including offices, to include, but not be limited to: cleaning and shampooing of carpets and furniture, window cleaning, and the maintenance and replacement of vinyl floors.
- Maintain grounds including outside building repair and lawn maintenance in cooperation with the landscaping contractor and garbage removal services.
- Assist in implementing and documenting preventative maintenance program for facility and equipment.
- Assist in supervision of housekeeping personnel, as required by Community needs.
- Prepare and refurbish apartments for resident move-ins; including painting, carpet laying, replacement of vinyl floors and installation of ceiling fans.
- Maintain fire safety and emergency records and procedures in compliance with regulations and environmental concerns (natural disasters, fires, loss of electricity, plumbing issues, pipe breakages, etc.) as well as distribute material safety data sheets (MSDS).
- Inspect resident apartments for potential problems and hazards, report updates to Supervisor for follow up.
- Schedule and/or perform preventative maintenance and keep quality assurance records up-to-date for physical plant.
- Perform janitorial tasks including the reparation and maintenance of equipment and building facilities.
- Supervise additional maintenance staff and housekeeping personnel, as required by Community needs
- Completing other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director or entire leadership team from time to time.
To become an Environmental Services Director, you will need –
- 2-5 years of past related experience preferred OR accredited maintenance training.
- Applicable state licensure, as required.
- Desired working knowledge of carpentry including drywall repair, painting, light plumbing and preventative maintenance.
- Must have basic technical knowledge and mechanical ability to perform routine maintenance and repair on mechanical and electrical equipment and possess a basic knowledge of construction principles.
- Passion for working with older adults.
- Ability to work well with others, communicate clearly and take direction from management, as well as to take initiative and go above and beyond to meet resident needs.
- Flexibility and the ability to work weekends, as needed, and be on call after hours.
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to meet all physical demands of the position which includes, but is not limited to, seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance
When considering a career with Cedarhurst, please understand that –
- Our core values describe our expectation that every team member will be Passionate, Trustworthy, Empathetic, Positive, Respectful and Approachable – and in every way a real, true friend of those we serve.
- To be a Cedarhurst team member means you’re devoted to doing The Friend’s Work: In your every effort, you reassure, energize, and inspire older adults in Cedarhurst.
- Cedarhurst believes that its team is its greatest asset. For this reason, we provide our team members with extensive training as well as personal and career development opportunities.
- Cedarhurst believes in promoting from within. We seek team members who wish to grow with us.
- Cedarhurst offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage, life insurance, long-term disability coverage and a 401(k) Plan with company match (after 1 year of service).
- Cedarhurst offers wages on-demand which allows you to access your earned wages before your payday.
- Cedarhurst considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory COVID-19 vaccine program, participating in testing requirements (COVID-19 and TB) and using designated PPE when required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Apply at: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=cedarhurst+of+troy&l=troy%2C+il&vjk=676f49bcd5508168