Human Resources Coordinator
1st MidAmerica Credit Union has over 85 years of history servicing members of the Metro East, Illinois and Kansas City areas. We have 11 branches currently throughout the area servicing over 65,000 residents in 31 counties!
We are looking for service-oriented individuals to fill a Human Resources Coordinator position. If you enjoy helping people, and are detail oriented, we encourage you to apply and become part of our team!
Works directly with the human resources department to help organize, coordinate and carry out all department projects and processes. Helps administrate employee related issues and processes, including recruitment and onboarding, compensation and benefits, and training. Assist in maintaining all personnel files and related data, including the HRIS system.
- Assists with the candidate process to include scheduling phone and face-to-face interviews, distributing prescreen paperwork, processing background and reference checks, tracking applicants, and candidate communications. Conducts interviews for non-exempt staff. Works with the recruiter to post job openings both internally and externally. Assist with or in some cases conducts New Employee Orientation and onboarding requirements.
- Coordinates service award programs, recognition and employee engagement programs. Assist in organizing retirement parties, end of year parties and other credit union employee related events.
- Coordinate employee relations issues with VP of Human Resources to affect prompt and appropriate resolution. Assist with all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Maintain employee personnel files and personnel-related data. Organize, file and retrieve documents as requested. Maintain and monitor various software, including HRIS system for the credit union. Provides support in payroll and benefit administration. Completes employment verifications as needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures. Prepare, update and maintain Employee Guidelines, policies and procedures. Provide training and guidance to staff and managers on policies and programs. Assist Training and Development with new hire training and other credit union training. Coordinates training dates and schedules.
- Assures compliance with all legal requirements of various employee programs and prepares and files required legal reports. Ensures employment labor law postings are up to date. Monitor for updates and notify branches of upcoming changes. Perform audits to ensure compliance.
- Maintains and monitors the performance appraisal system. Assists in the administration and/ or tracking of employee performance reviews. Pulls appraisal reports as assigned.
- Track and process all tuition reimbursement request.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Minimum three years of experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/ administrative position.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or relevant field; additional education in Human Resources Management preferred.
Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level.
Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices. Advanced skills with MS Office programs (Word/Excel/Powerpoint). Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems. A generalist background in personnel administration, recruiting, interviewing, employee relations, and training preferred.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position