Job Summary: How would you like to work for a company that is 100% employee owned and has 40 locations across 10 countries and 6 continents? Our client in Madison County is looking for a Human Resource Supervisor to join their team. The Human Resource Supervisor duties include:
- Responsible for implementation of principles, strategies, and programs that support the culture.
- Collaborate with assigned consultant to coordinate and help facilitate workshops, seminars, and provide follow up on action items resulting from these meetings.
- Provide support to employees as it relates to employee relation issues.
- Develop and disseminate accurate, relevant and timely information to key assigned audiences. Evaluates processes, designs and implements improvements
- Assist to Human Resources Manager and Human Resources Director
- People Development
- Create curriculum for seminars, training, etc. (hourly and salaried)
- Review and track completion of quarterly and bi-annual assessments
- Select and schedule leadership, computer, and personal development training
- Administrative functions (data entry, files, tracking system)
- Manage employee apprenticeship programs
- HR special projects and generalist work in nature
- Hourly and salaried recruiting and interviewing
- Employment staffing and restructuring responsibility in a union environment
Madison County, IL
Full Time, Direct Hire
Up to $95,000/yr, BOE (plus annual bonus)
Benefits Provided by Client (after 31 days from hire date):
Client offers competitive benefits package which include: health, dental, vision, life, AD&D, 401k (client matches dollar for dollar up to 5%), Employee stock ownership plan (eligible 1st
day of hire), short/long term disability, employee assistance program and wellness credit .
How To Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or equivalent training
- 1 year of union experience – NOT worked at a company that was unionized
- 2-4 years of related experience preferred
- Need to have started the Grievance process
- Need to have been involved or familiar with Stage 2 of the Grievance process
- Knowledge of the normal set up of the Union (i.e. Shop Stewards etc)
- Knowledge of what a CBA is
- Negotiations within the Union is a plus
- Need to know COBRA, ADA, STD, FMLA, when to hang ee posters, OSHA reporting
- Experience handling time and attendance tracking
- Offer letter, offer tracking etc.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Relationship management, cross-functionally, in large companies.
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Highly energetic and ability to work through complex and ambiguous situations
- Strong Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills
- Prior recruiting, interviewing, and training/development and exit interviewing experience in a union environment
Submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location at www.expresspros.com
or email your resume to Sarah.Rice@ExpressPros.com