The IS Senior Health Policy Administration team has an opening for a Business Systems Analyst/Senior. This position will support modernization efforts around our current legacy administration system. This role will include standard BSA responsibilities as well as a wide array of development partners, from internal development to working with vendor partners to clarify and document their requirements. We are looking for a motivated, experienced team member who will make immediate contributions supporting our producers and consumers as well as our partners across the Enterprise.
Provides input into formulating business solutions through research, manipulation and/or analysis of data, facts, and information. Provides support for the implementation and administration of technologies in order to meet defined objectives and contribute to the overall business strategy. Work involves use of independent judgment as well as responsibility for performing technical and somewhat complex duties.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Mutual of Omaha embraces a set of core values called the "Values for Success." These values set the standard for how we deal with customers and how we treat each other, and all associates are expected to contribute to the achievement of business objectives by living Mutual's "Values for Success." In addition, all associates are expected to exhibit engagement and accountability and to contribute to the alignment of business objectives across the organization utilizing measurements as a tool.
- Gather and analyze information and requirements, formulate and test hypotheses, and develop and communicate recommendations and assist with implementation of recommendations in collaboration with team members.
- General understanding of multiple business processes, compliance, and workflows and apply that knowledge to your daily support of the business. May include production support and ad hoc reporting.
- Create test plans, test scripts and perform manual or automated testing for enhancements, upgrades and on-going maintenance to ensure that business, technical, and functional requirements are being met. May include identification of exception tests.
- Research and provide information to be used for Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA).
- Understanding of vendor relationships. Assists in the fulfillment of vendor requests in order to maintain strong vendor relationships.
- Works independently to develop communication and training plans and materials for internal and external business associates and customers.
- Conducting a broader scope impact assessment of process adjustments on people, strategy, systems and general business operations to determine priority of needs. This could include multiple business units or systems.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the insurance industry, and the business environment. Continues to improve the understanding of business system tools, processes, practices, and methodologies.
- Proficiency working with Agile principles, processes, driving decision making, and aligning the team/organization on goals and objectives.
- Communicating effectively with internal business partners and stakeholders throughout the division and/or operation. May communicate with external stakeholders/vendors to represent the product, department, and company. Leverage contemporary company communication tools to convey message.
This job posting is reflective of the Business Systems Analyst II position essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The BSA III/BSC I level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Ability to use current and contemporary business tools and methodologies. Experience with project management processes and tools, delivering projects timely.
- Understands and considers both the business and the technical processes and needs to meet/exceed the desired business objectives.
- Experience with Business Analysis techniques and tools. Exposure to business system operations, workflow analysis, and business systems terminology and standards. Knowledge of implementation processes and redesign of supporting business processes. Experience with project management processes and tools. Ability to organize and deliver tasks and/or projects timely.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Exposure to continuous process improvement/operational excellence practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders/business partners.
- Proven problem-solving experience with high attention to detail.
- Strong prioritization, organization and decision-making skills.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Must be located in United States or Puerto Rico
- Knowledge of insurance products, the insurance industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK), Data Management Book of Knowledge (DMBOK)
- Familiarity with test and process automation
- Quantitative, statistical, data analysis and interpretative skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Estimated Salary Range: $56,000 - $85,000
- Pay commensurate with experience.