Mutual of Omaha's AWS Cloud Engineers develop our next generation contact center solutions. You will improve how millions of people access and interact with our products, the way business partners support our customers and use data, as well as explore new technologies to better meet those needs. The primary tasks handled by AWS Cloud engineers will include analysis, problem solving, call routing integration, call flow development with Amazon Connect, enabling self-service features within the call routing process and process optimization for implementation into a production environment.
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity, and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes it possible.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build and manage stable, secure call center applications by using AWS cloud capabilities, AWS Lex, AWS Lambda, Amazon Connect and APIs to design, code, test, implement and support Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Execute tactical steps associated with cloud vision.
- Apply a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the development, operation, testing and maintenance of software.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, testing and integration of call center applications and systems that support business operations.
- Apply Software Engineering and Test Automation knowledge areas to the entire software life cycle of a complete solution, from definition and development to maintenance and optimization.
- Participate in ideation and brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions; builds apps, APIs and data solutions to drive toward implementation of those solutions.
- Develop automated test solutions to ensure delivery of high-quality code. Implements test automation processes and follows through on testing results.
- Focus on accuracy and quality, while delivering on time.
- Pursue Operational Excellence in all endeavors through continuous process improvements.
- Professionally impacted solution development and implementation over the last three or more years with:
- AWS serverless application development using NodeJS/Typescript
- Call routing and delivery capabilities (Amazon Connect)
- AWS Cloud development Kit (CDK), AWS Lex, AWS Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, CloudFront
- Building automated unit and integration tests
- API development and integration experience, Java experience a plus
- Providing technical direction and ensure team successfully delivers solutions
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- IVR experience a plus.
- Understand the Agile mindset and iterative development process
- Positively impact team success by multi-tasking and adapting to priority changes
- Help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization
- Value different ideas and opinions
- Listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet
- Located in the United States and territories
- Call Center IVR Application experience
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 300 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Estimated Salary Range: $85,000 - $115,000
- Pay commensurate with experience.