Mutual of Omaha's Frontend Engineers design and develop our next-generation insurance and financial applications. You will improve how millions of people access and interact with our products, the way business partners support our customers and use data, as well as explore new technologies to meet better meet those needs.
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity, and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes it possible.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Building reusable components and frontend libraries for future use
- Designing and implementing cohesive and easy-to-use user interfaces
- Building performant and scalable applications for a variety of business needs
- Modernizing existing products using new technologies
- Collaborating with development teams and performing code reviews
- Play multiple roles (e.g., individual contributor, lead, teacher, mentor)
- Get to know the supported business area(s), have an awareness of related objectives and challenges
- Communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Evaluate options and the performance tradeoffs / benefits
- Focus on accuracy and quality, while continuing to deliver code
This job posting is reflective of the Engineer I essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Engineer II level has variable essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Professionally solved challenges for application development and implementation over the last three or more years with:
- Prefer Vue.js, open to React or Angular
- Vue v2.x/3.x, Vuex, Vue Test Utils
- React / Angular developers interested in working with Vue.js will be considered
- Have used NPM or Yarn
- Develops unit tests and uses version control
- Understands the Agile mindset and iterative development process
- Adheres to coding quality standards
- Steers productive team communication and collaboration on problem solving
- Positively impacts team success by multi-tasking and adapting to priority changes
- Driven to pick-up new tech through research and investigation
- Promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization
- Value different ideas and opinions
- Listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You can work remotely and have access to high-speed internet
- Must be located in United States or Puerto Rico
- CSS preprocessor experience with PostCSS or SASS/SCSS
- Axios and Fetch API
- Monorepos utilizing Lerna
- Jest and Vue Test Utils unit tests
- Module bundlers like Webpack or Rollup
- ESLint and Prettier
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 300 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Estimated Salary Range: $85,000 - $130,000
- Pay commensurate with experience.