- Foster Care - Child Welfare Services
- Fairview Heights, IL, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance; Health Savings Account; Retirement Plan; Employee Assistance Program; Paid Health, Vacation & Personal Time; Paid Holidays; Paid Parental Leave; Paid Short Term Disability
Hoyleton Youth and Family Services is looking to hire a full-time Foster Care Case Manager located out of our Fairview Heights, IL administrative offices. Are you ready to take your career in human services to the next level with a well-respected organization that has been serving southern Illinois for over 125 years?
In addition to a competitive salary based on experience, this case management position in human services is eligible for a full range of benefits including:
- Health savings account (HSA)
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Life insurance
- Continuing education
- Fun, celebratory culture with a yearly employee retreat
Currently, we are also offering a sign-on bonus with the signing of a one-year retention agreement that would be paid out in 3 installments - one with the first paycheck, one at 90 days, and one at 6 months.
If this sounds like the right case management opportunity in social work for you, apply today!
ABOUT HOYLETON YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES
We are a faith-based organization, founded upon the social justice heritage of the United Church of Christ. Since our founding in 1895, we have grown to be one of southern Illinois' leaders in providing emotional and mental health services for every stage of youth and family development. We offer a wide variety of programs, including foster care, counseling, residential, and community programs. Our mission is to enable all people, young and old alike, to realize the wholeness of life that God intends.
Our team of professionals is energized daily because they have the opportunity to bring positive change to someone's life. In fact, "changing lives" is in everyone's job description. We also offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and positive work culture.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A FOSTER CARE CASE MANAGER
As a Foster Care Case Manager, you work to facilitate the return home of children to their biological parents. And, when that is not possible, you help find forever families for them through adoption or guardianship. You visit regularly with children in the foster home and with their biological parents, working hard to remedy any barriers to returning home. As needed, you arrange for the transportation of foster children to meetings and appointments. You work with foster care clients, their families, foster parents, and adoptive parents. To ensure that children and parents are receiving the necessary services, you also follow up with service providers.
Conscientiously, you keep thorough documentation of all contacts and visits. You take your role very seriously. In the best interest of the client, you develop permanency goals and manage outcomes. You prepare for and actively participate in team meetings, case reviews, IEPs, and other collaborations as well as court hearings. To ensure compliance, you maintain familiarity with all applicable DCFS policies and procedures. You also attend training to expand your professional expertise. You find it rewarding to help facilitate the best possible outcomes for children in foster care!
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A FOSTER CARE CASE MANAGER
- Bachelor's degree in social work, education, or another field in human services and 2 years of experience in the provision of foster care or other out-of-home care OR a master's degree in social work, education, or another field in human services
- Licensure by DCFS OR eligibility for licensure
- An understanding of the issues surrounding separation and loss, the effect of trauma for the child in care, and a commitment to a child's right to belong to a family
- The specialized knowledge and skills required to help parents improve their parenting capacities and maintain ties with their children
- Ability to develop and implement a stable, permanent plan for each client's future
- Appreciation for the cultural background, heritage, and identity of each child
- Ability and willingness to complete the children and residential experiences (CARE) and therapeutic crisis intervention (TCI) training
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance
Do you have good communication skills, both written and verbal? Are you patient, respectful, tactful, and calm under pressure? Do you have excellent interpersonal skills? Can you show empathy while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries? Do you have strong organizational and time management skills? If so, you might just be perfect for this Foster Care Case Manager position!
CASE MANAGEMENT WORK SCHEDULE
This full-time case management position in social work typically works 40-hour weeks on Monday - Friday with participation in an after-hours emergency on-call rotation.
READY TO JOIN OUR HUMAN SERVICES TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this case management job in social work, please complete our initial 3-minute mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!