This position is eligible to work remotely. Candidates will be expected to visit the Edwardsville, IL Home Office and other SCU locations as required and must reside within 4 hours of the Home Office to be eligible for remote work.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology related field plus two (2) years of experience.
Associate Degree in Information Technology related field plus three (3) years of experience as a Programmer or in an IT role with the same or similar job responsibilities.
Five (5) years of experience as a Programmer or in an IT role with the same or similar job responsibilities.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Experience with Symitar, Symitar PowerOn, Synergy, and core operations
Two years’ experience programming and/or systems analysis experience
Work independently to perform complex and analytical programming using Symitar languages and tools. Assumes responsibility for software integration and external application interface development involving third party platforms. Support internal clients with continual analysis and development of systems with focus on adding value to or streamlining processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following;
- Design and maintain applications to improve workflow, ease of use, and stability to the credit union.
- Demonstrates solid project management, problem solving and technical expertise to ensure successful completion of all programming related requests
- Identifies and implements solutions to issues that are related to production level code defects or process changes. Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently as well as the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Responsible for researching assigned projects’ requirements and anticipated results; project planning and implementation, including scope of work, time estimation and resource assignment; developing, coding and testing applications, interfaces and database additions and modifying complex computer programs; coordinating the implementation and delivery with affected vendors and departments; and providing on-going solution support to users and vendors.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of proprietary mainframe applications, third party interfaces, existing databases and available coding packages.
- Writes computer code using appropriate language for the application/project/solution, working within approved specifications.
- Designs new electronic forms and develops electronic forms from existing paper media to meet the Credit Union needs. Tests and verifies the output and meets determined criteria.
- Tests software, hardware, and programs to evaluate ease of use and whether the product will aid the user in performing work. Researches alternate approaches to existing software and hardware when standardized approaches cannot be applied
- Knowledge of the Credit Union’s products and services
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to Credit Union policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Develop and modify code to perform data extraction, manipulation and reporting to meet business requirements and goals
- Maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to applications
- Implement coding standards and quality assurance policies and procedures
- Deliver redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of capabilities
- Respond to and resolve performance issues
- Test changes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Provide help in the software development life cycle by developing plans, coding to standards, and testing
- Interact with internal system users and external technical personnel as necessary to complete development and support issues
- Perform formal testing to ensure code integrity of software deployed from third-party vendors as well as code custom-developed within the Credit Union
- Set expectations for delivery of code including testing and integration efforts and deliver code according to agree-upon commitments.
- Supports IT Department projects.
- Complies with all applicable information security policies, guidelines, and practices.
- Actively involved in the accomplishment of departmental and SCU quality initiatives.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
General knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point. Ability to understand credit union software programs and interpret credit union terminology, policies and procedures.
Ability to operate office equipment such as scanner, photocopier, personal computer, printer, and other machines generally found in a contemporary office environment.
Strong attention to details, analytical capability, and excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively work with and influence others, acting as a change leader. Ability to operate independently and collaboratively. Experience with designing, developing, implementing, and supporting credit union Core System.
Ability to respond to problems and challenges in non‑scheduled hours of operation, including the need occasionally to work evenings, weekend days, and holidays.