Town and Country Bank is seeking an Area Sales Manager to lead a mortgage sales team in Edwardsville, IL.
At Town and Country Bank and Peoples Prosperity Bank, our mission is to empower the financial well-being of our communities, one person at a time. We successfully uphold this mission by sticking to our core values of Teamwork, Achievement, Authenticity, Passion, and Positive Thinking.
The Area Sales Manager leads and develops a team of Mortgage Loan Originators to achieve monthly sales goals while expanding the mortgage footprint in a geographical area. Coaches and manages MLO’s to ensure growth in productivity. Supports the organizational focus to empower the financial well-being of our communities, one person at a time. Embraces and promotes Town and Country's core values of teamwork, achievement, authenticity, passion and positive thinking.
- Mortgage Sales
- Relationship Management
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Manages and grows team of Mortgage Loan Originators including hiring, training, motivating, coaching and assessing performance.
- Develops relationships with clients to increase loan business for the company. Establishes and maintains connections with developers, builders, and realtors to encourage the use of company products and services. Make regular sales calls to potential and existing customer to retain current or develop new business.
- Engages applicants to discuss mortgage requirements, advises applicants of options available, ascertains applicant’s capacity to repay and assesses the degree of risk involved.
- Thoroughly and accurately processes loan applications.
- Engages borrower throughout lending process and communicates loan decisions to borrowers.
- Reviews loan documentation prior to closing to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulation.
- Closes mortgage loans.
- Provides accurate information and connects prospects with appropriate bank staff to meet sales goals and links them with bank products and services.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Experience leading a sales team
- Minimum of five years general lending experience.
- Strong sales orientation.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced work environment.
- High degree of accuracy and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and on deadline.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.