High School Diploma or GED
Two years’ experience in real estate or mortgage loan origination and closing
Working knowledge of personal computers and lending systems.
A valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle for extensive local travel and state minimum insurance coverage is also required.
Responsible for soliciting residential mortgages from various sources including realtors, builders, financial professionals, existing and potential new members; providing mortgage support to branches; producing high quality loans which meet SCU guidelines while providing exceptional member service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develop referral contacts with realtors, builders, financial professionals and personal contacts through cold calling, networking and community involvement
• Maintain up to date knowledge of SCU in-house and secondary market mortgage products and related regulations, policies and procedures.
• Interview loan applicants at realtor’s office, SCU branch location or other location to suit member’s needs and provide program recommendations.
• Quote current mortgage interest rates and provide closing cost information
• Request and/or collect applicable documentation from each loan applicant and forward file to Mortgage Loan Processor/Closer II within 48 hours of loan application
• Maintain up to date knowledge of SCU product offerings and cross-sell the services of the Credit Union with each individual member, when applicable.
• Coordinate with Supervisor and Marketing Department to conduct mortgage workshops and seminars
• Prepare and submit weekly tracking reports to Supervisor detailing calls/visits/meetings, results, follow-up recommendation and other information as requested by management.
• Attend and participate in all meetings as required by management.
• Be available for mortgage appointments as needed at various branch locations.
• Maintain a professional posture and positive attitude at all times, in order to enhance member relations and enrich service delivery.
• Perform such other member service functions that might be needed from time to time, and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Required to be registered with the NMLS and/or licensed. Notary public certificate is preferred, but not required.
Varied hours and schedule depending on operational needs.
Carbondale Market – Mortgage Department
However, work location may change according to SCU staffing needs.
For more information visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=766f7851-7cf7-4ebf-bb47-877e33aee31d&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter