The Body Shop Technician repairs or replaces damaged body parts to put a vehicle back to pre-incident condition according to dealership and OEM specifications. We strive for better-than-new quality and superior customer service and a skilled technician continually exceeds expectations through high quality workmanship, attention to detail, and timely repairs. Successful candidates will have proven mechanical aptitude, experience in a variety of fiberglass and metal repairs, fabrication, and welding along with time management skills to perform work independently and as part of a team.
- Review each repair order (RO) and estimator’s notes to understand the repairs needed prior to beginning work on the vehicle.
- Consistently produce high-quality repairs in accordance with the repair order, OEM policies, or documentation provided for a positive customer experience.
- Ability to properly use specialized tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Perform vehicle teardown, repairs of all types, welding, and painting as instructed.
- Identify parts necessary for repair completion and work in conjunction with Parts department to reduce downtime.
- Thorough knowledge of heavy-duty operating systems and OEM technical repair processes.
- Ensure company and OEM policies and processes are followed, including thorough documentation.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe workspace according to company and Elite Support guidelines.
- Attend OEM- and vendor-sponsored training provided by Truck Centers, Inc. to remain current on factory technical bulletins, product updates, and/or certifications.
- Complete additional tasks and projects as assigned in an organized, timely manner.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent; trade school or ASE certificate is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to meet insurance requirements is mandatory; Class A CDL with air brake endorsement is highly preferred
- 2+ years of collision repair, fabrication, painting, and welding is required to repair both fiberglass and metal parts; heavy-duty repair experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated strong personal conviction of producing quality work
- Proven technical skills and the ability to follow detailed instructions
- Basic computer knowledge
- Organized, resourceful collaborator with superior time management skills
- Ability to understand and comply with company, industry, and OSHA guidelines and policies
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 110 lbs. without assistance
Truck Centers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
We believe in the Hire to Retire philosophy and invest in individuals that we believe will be valuable assets to TCI and our customers for years to come. Thus, we want to help you live well through personal and professional growth plus a multitude of benefits. In additional to multiple comprehensive healthcare packages including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage, we offer a flexible spending accounts for healthcare costs or dependent care, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, disability insurance, AD&D coverage, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, health and wellness incentive programs, training and career development opportunities, alternative work arrangements, volunteer time off, tiered PTO system, service awards, competitive salary, uniforms, technician tool insurance, and a family-first, team environment.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/TruckCentersInc/743999918508316-body-shop-technician