Floor technicians are generally responsible for the overall floor maintenance of hard surface and carpet (dust and wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extraction & bonneting) of areas that include offices, patient rooms, corridors, lobbies, entrances, stairwells and other public areas such as dining rooms.
Service and Quality Standards:
Is Customer Focused?
Anticipates customer needs
Adheres to customer service standards
Is Competent, caring and compassionate
Treats coworkers and customers with dignity and respect
Demonstrates competent, caring and compassionate behavior
To customers and coworkers
Is conversation conscious?
Assures confidentiality of patient and employee information
Is positive in interactions with others
Is courteous and respectful
Promotes a harassment free environment
Inspires the trust of others
Acts in accordance with hospital policies, meets the requirements of the Code of Conduct, and identifies any conflicts of interest.
Is excellent in patient care and service
Demonstrates multidisciplinary cooperation
Assists in obtaining excellent satisfaction scores of feedback
Is safety conscious?
Demonstrates safety consciousness and supports safety initiatives
Is involved with improvement efforts
Supports performance improvement
Seeks ways to improve systems and services
Shows commitment to improvement efforts
Meets mandatory educational requirements
Is a loyal ambassador
Demonstrates commitment to hospital mission and vision
Is active and involved
Supports hospital initiatives
Champions innovation and supports change
Is a positive role model
Fosters team cooperation
Is a good steward of hospital resources?
Develops/uses efficient work methods
Is cost effective
Conserves organizational resources
1. Performs floor care including bonnet cleaning and extraction of carpets, mopping, scrubbing, buffing and waxing floor.
2. Collects and distributes trash and soiled linen.
3. Sets up rooms for meetings and center functions as assigned.
4. Disposes of waste properly and seals boxes of hazardous waste and transports to bio-hazardous room.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of safety procedures for housekeeping.
6. Uses standard precautions appropriately.
7. Replenishes supplies.
8. Performs preventative maintenance check on all equipment prior to use.
9. Reports observations concerning structural and equipment wear, defects and malfunctioning to supervisor.
10. Maintains equipment used in performing duties.
11. Safely operates equipment, appropriately uses and stores chemicals.
12. Adheres to Confidentiality/Release of Information guidelines for adults and minors
13. Maintains an acceptable level of competency as measured by quality assurance inspections.
14. Cross-trained in all Housekeeping responsibilities for backup purposes.
15. Provides assistance with projects or housekeeping to offside locations.
16. Displays competency in actions during emergency situations.