Kennelwood Pet Resorts is looking for a Grooming Technician to be a part of a growing industry leader pet care business. As a Grooming Technician you get to help ensure that the skin and coat of each of our grooming clients' furry family members are kept clean and healthy, including dogs and cats!
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and bath the animal
- Help to minimize the stress of the animal's grooming experience
- Brush dogs and cats to the standards requested by the client
- Clip nails, clean paw pads, clean ears, and perform anal gland expressions
- Apply finishing touches such as bows or bandanas
- Work along side the Grooming Stylist for the best grooming experience, with the potential to advance to the stylist program that includes 14 weeks of paid training to advance to that position
- May be cross-trained in other departments
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift at least 40 lbs on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs on occasion
- Ability to walk dogs of all sizes on leashes
- Comfortable working around pet hair and dander
- Maintain a clean and well prepared grooming area
- A passion for animals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- No experience necessary!
What's in it for you?
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Weekly paychecks
- Training and growth potential
- 401k plus employer match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Free Pet Boarding and Dog DayCamp
- Discounts on Training and Grooming
- Bring your pet to work with you!
- Benefits may vary per position and department
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of all the tasks this position may be required to perform.
Kennelwood Pet Resorts opened its first location in 1974. Since the beginning, Kennelwood has been a leader in the pet care industry being the first to introduce pet services like Shed-X and Doggie DayCamp and continues the tradition by offering services such as training, grooming, dog daycamp, and boarding. Kennelwood has eight convenient pet resort locations as well as a Kennelwood Academy for Dog Training Professionals. Kennelwood continues to be an industry leader and has the philosophy that the experiences we create form connections that build trust and confidence. Join our team and be a part of the tradition and contribute to the lives of the pets entrusted in our care!